Asia Pacific / Philippines / / Pasig City
#: 86894-en_US / 86894
Editor – 86894
Gracenote – Philippines Pasig City, National Capital Reg
ABOUT THE ROLE
Expect to create, curate and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets. Work as an expert editor on our content team, adding descriptive metadata (like genres and keywords) to film and TV programs which will be used to create recommendations solutions.
- Responsible for enhancing and writing the content descriptions and synopsis in Filipino and English for programs which are telecast on linear and non-linear television across genres like movies, TV shows, sports matches, documentaries etc.
- Create written descriptions per the guidelines and best standards maintained by the organization.
- Research content online and by other secondary sources and then re-writing descriptions in their own words
- Qualify and addition of content metadata like star cast &; crew details, keywords, genre, sub-genres etc.
- Write the Profile/Biography of celebrities, movie stars and TV personalities within the given character limits.
- Respond to market-specific questions from internal partners and help ensure consistency of our content coverage.
- Focus on details and constantly thrive for the highest quality Standard
- Follow the editorial strategy and Global Content standard to translate descriptors into different languages
- Contribute to documenting an editorial strategy for the region
- Follow report to correct or enhance our entertainment data and add value to our overall data set
- Able to quickly transform content from one language to another and keep the subtlety in the translated language
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Graduate, with specialization in Literature, Journalism, Mass Communication preferred, with a background in entertainment content writing
- Candidate must be proficient in reading/understanding/writing in Filipino, as well as the ability to translate from English to Filipino.
- Candidate must be able to research, rephrase and write original content from scratch
- Candidate must showcase a clear understanding of television content and a strong understanding of the entertainment ecosystems
- Must have impeccable research skills.
- Passionate about television and an avid follower of shows; would an added advantage if aware and interested in music as well
- Comfortable with MS Office tools and web applications
- Candidate must be able to perform factual checks, using standard reference sources.
- Senior editors must be able to check/QC the content as per the guidelines and policy.
- Senior editors must be able to work with writers/editors and provide feedback/guidance as and when required.
- Analytical thinker with a creative flair
- Obsessive attention to detail, Tenacity for seeing projects through to completion
- Work experience: 1 – 2 Years, Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media company, provides entertainment metadata and technology that powers the world’s top cable and satellite providers, consumer electronics, automakers and music services. Metadata drives all product lines — all are based on data connectivity! We provide clients with a comprehensive global database of compositions, writers and publishers – linking compositions to recordings at scale using machine learning. Providing publishers, societies and entertainment services with essential reference data for rights management.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Pasig City,National Capital Reg