North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 74661-en_US / 74661
Embedded Software Engineer – 74661
Technology and Engineering – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Nielsen Global Media is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to work on the next generation of our Wearable Metering Device for Audio Engineering solutions.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, the candidate will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to support, improve, enhance and optimize the Audio Engineering solutions in terms of both system and logic.
Qualified canddiates will be engineers with 1-3 years experience with a state logic framework, design and development of solutions, unit tests and embedded software.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning and specification authoring for technical user story development.
- Develop software that meets user story acceptance criteria.
- Build scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions.
- Implement best practice.
- Support and promote product innovation and recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate objectives
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar degrees
- 1-3 years of embedded software development / engineering experience building and maintaining connected embedded systems
- Proficiency in embedded C/C++ development for ARM embedded systems
- Solid knowledge in the area of embedded operating systems, methodologies and principles of building embedded data collecting/signal processing systems
- Experience in low-level code development and peripheral device control with an understanding of electronics
- Test Driven Development experience
- Event-driven design experience
- Linux savvy
- Extensive and practical experience and knowledge specifically on software development technologies, principles, methodologies, tools, practices, industry standards and trends
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, team player
- Dedication to excellence in delivery and commitment to quality
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, specifically Scrum and User Stories
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, git)
- Experience with Agile and Atlassian (ADLM) tool suite
- Experience in shell scripting and Python
- Experience in Digital Measurement
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,