North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 106063-en_US / 106063
Remote Nielsen Tech Org Roles – 106063
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
Nielsen is not just a TV ratings company anymore. We have evolved into the leading media data technology company. We help the biggest names to the hottest new ones. From Hollywood to Bollywood, Streaming to Broadcast, Movies to Music, and Gaming to Sports, everything we do revolves around audience and content.
The Media world and its audience are changing rapidly. We are building out the next generation of tools and data to help lead the industry into the future. Our Technology Organization needs to hire a number of people in a short period of time. For this reason we are using a different approach to finding people like you. Work from anywhere in the US or US Territory as long as you’re in an acceptable time zone.
- We will place more emphasis on proving one can do the job, has the right mindset, and can learn and apply new things quickly. We will do this by using Tech Challenges.
- Don’t have traditional education or experience? That’s OK. Solve the Tech Challenges, get an interview. Pretty cool, right?
Change in technologies and methods is ever increasing. You may know one particular technology today and need to become proficient with another technology a few months from now. We are looking for people with strong tech fundamentals who embrace change and love learning.
Here is what the process will look like. Apply now to give it a shot.
- Candidates apply
- An initial filter is applied to all candidates to ensure their location and work status
- Remaining candidates are sent an information packet that explains the end to end process in detail and instructions for the Tech Challenges
- Next, candidates are put through standardized Tech Challenges designed to prove they can do the job and have the right mindset
- After that, candidates are graded pass/fail using a uniform rubric matrix
- Candidates with a passing mark are matched/paired with various hiring managers
- Candidates are interviewed by matched hiring managers as well as a diverse panel of people from inside and outside the Technology Organization. Purpose of the interview is to introduce the candidate to a few hiring managers so a good fit can be made by both parties. The other purpose is to introduce the candidate to the business and get to know them a bit.
- Candidates receive offers from 1 or more hiring managers
- Negotiations begin
- If negotiations are successful then offer letter is signed and returned by candidate
We expect all new employees to commit to Nielsen for at least two years and will provide as much support as we can.
Nielsen is a one hundred year old company that is even more relevant today. It’s a great place to make a career!
- Remote work accommodation
- Investment into your professional and personal growth
- An informal atmosphere
- A chill team that has your back
- Good benefits
- Great work/life balance
- Unlimited PTO with manager approval
- Personal development time. 4 hours every week to research anything that may be beneficial to the company or your own personal growth
- Encouragement and support to contribute to open source projects used anywhere in our business
Above all, we are looking for people who are excellent critical thinkers, love learning, ask questions, and move fast. We prioritize working with team members and knowledge sharing, and like people who can not only work independently but also cultivate a learning environment. We appreciate anyone willing to make an effort and be their best self when problem solving.
Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, NY- Queensbury, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,