North America / United States / DC / Washington
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 85784-en_US / 85784
Field Representative – Washington, DC – 85784
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – USA Washington, Washington D.C.
Being a Nielsen Field Representative allows you to make your friends with boring jobs jealous and work
with the best because no company in the world knows more about consumers than Nielsen. That means
you never stop learning because our world is your classroom.
What does a Field Representative do?
Field Representatives build and maintain relationships with Nielsen Families/Households and educate
Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Representatives install, maintain and
troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture three screen audience
measurements – Mobile, Online, and TV.
Nielsen follows CDC guidelines for COVID. This position is a combination of phone and in field work.
Nielsen will provide you with the (PPE) “Personal Protective Equipment” needed to be protected in the
● Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Families/Households
● Install Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned Nielsen Families/Households
● Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle
● Identify problems and troubleshoot data/equipment
● Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit
necessary audience data
● Respond to calls from assigned Nielsen Families/Households and ensure equipment is
maintained and operating effectively
● Prioritize, schedule and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines
in assigned territory
● Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary
● Educate and coach Panel Members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment
● Negotiate and maintain cooperation of Panel Members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen
samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities: Position requires bending and lifting
● Ability to work in non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
● Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics.
software systems and networking knowledge
● Superior customer service skills and ability to connect with Nielsen Families
● Excellent organizational/time management skills
● Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
● Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other
● Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
● Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate's degree or military experience is a plus
● Bilingual language skills are a plus
What does the benefits package include?
Our comprehensive benefits package is effective day 1 of employment. That's right– We provide you
with full benefits on your first day of work. We are happy to offer you various health and well-being
benefits, unlimited career potential, top-of-the-line training, paid time off, and a company car to just
name a few.
● Extensive paid sales training program. May require travel in various markets for training –
lodging and transportation included
● Competitive compensation that includes annual base salary, performance-based bonus plan
Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance saving you as much as $8,000 per year
● Laptop, home printer, and cell phone with your monthly talk and data service provided
● 401(k) Plan with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
● Tuition reimbursement
● Paid time off to encourage time for you to find balance, rest, and re-energize: 10 vacation days,
6 personal days, 7 company holidays, 10 sick days, maternity leave (12 weeks) and paternity
leave (12 weeks)
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled
status, or genetic information.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Washington,Washington D.C.
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time