India / India / / Mumbai
#: 89844-en_US / 89844
ABOUT THIS JOB
Manager – Video Governance
The Manager, Governance will report to the Director, Video Governance (Global), and will lead Governance for Gracenote’s ME & Asian Video Editorial regions. The individual will lead the development and implementation of common global business rules and data standards within this region. She/he will also develop and implement the processes, working practices & tools required to enable strong command & control of the Governance function across the region.
Define, document, manage/organize and improve standards (common minimum, gold/aspirational, local vs global, etc.), guidelines, templates, playbooks, style guides and other such editorial materials (aka “Standards”).Lead a disciplined, efficient and well-communicated process for managing ongoing modifications and improvements to Standards, leveraging logging and tracking tools such as Service Now (SNOW), and Confluence. Coordinate across Product, Customer Care, Delivery, Sourcing, & Editorial teams, as needed, to manage stakeholder & customer/source expectations, as well as ensure:Nature, impact & benefit of proposed Standard modification is well articulated/understand.Impacted stakeholders are included, where needed, to revise the Standard and/or related Products.A timely decision is reached and communicated to impacted stakeholders.Partner with Horizontal leads to develop methods to test compliance against Standards as part of the GN Content team’s Global Quality Management Program.Partner with Horizontal leads to develop Standards materials for Sources and/or implement Standards-related training for editors
Minimum of 3-5 years related experience within the metadata field, with a preference for multi-regional TV, Video or Film experience/exposure. Proven ability to influence and drive results across diverse functional & regional teams. Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail. Excellent writing / technical documentation skills utilizing Google Suite, MS Word/PPT, Wiki, Service Now, and/or other business collaboration tools
Strong track record of success in leading, developing, and inspiring high-performing teams through periods of change. Expertise in Gracenote Video Editorial systems and/or prior experience in a metadata editorial function is a plus
To develop, manage & evolve the Standards applied to our content enrichment/creation processes, including:
- Common Minimum to Gold/Aspirational, Global vs Local, and/or Vertical Specific
- As presented in the form of playbooks, style guides, training manuals/videos, etc.
To ensure consistent & repeatable content enrichment/creation outcomes are delivered at a global scale:
- With an internal focus on:
– Enabling Associate training and documentation to ensure Standards compliance
– Driving x-vertical alignment & enabling increasingly complex products (i.e. Voice, Video Descriptors)
- With an external focus on:
– Content Inputs: Developing Sourcing Communication & Guidelines
– Content Outputs: Anticipation of Evolving Customer / Market Needs / Delivery
- To maximize the utility and uniqueness of Gracenote datasets to our customers over the long term
- Leading the industry to enable new uses cases (i.e. OTT, repackaging, global distribution)
- Innovating new, proprietary IP around our “ID strategy”/ data models, data taxonomies / types, etc.
- Developing external industry partnerships, establishing GN as the entertainment metadata thought leader
- Developed, managed, communicated and improved by a central, horizontal governance team, with strong links to regional, vertical and/or tools-based SMEs
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!