North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 111026-en_US / 111026
Group Product Manager (Census Collections & Processing Team Lead) – Remote – 111026
Product Leadership – USA Tampa, Florida
Group Product Manager (Census Collections & Processing Team Lead) – Remote
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Strong Product Manager on our Digital Census Data Pipelines Team. The product manager would be responsible for leading and managing the strategy and development of Nielsen’s Digital Census product solutions in collaboration with data science and engineering leads as well as key partners/clients. In this position, you’re responsible for all aspects of product development and the holistic success of said products. In addition, you will manage the teams responsible for all planning and execution of initiatives outlined in these product teams roadmaps providing full circle ownership from feature discovery, ideation, through intake, planning, and delivery. Your objectives center around value delivered to clients, financial contribution to Nielsen, and quality / efficiency of product development and delivery.
● Build strong and leadership oriented product managers. Coaching, mentoring, and challenging your team to get better every day.
● Collaborate within and across product development teams to build and execute against aligned roadmap and play a critical role in refining requirements and iterating on development ● Leverage Agile best practices to execute against roadmap with flexibility and ultimately ship the right product at the right time
● Take and drive accountability for overall health of product development team(s) including profitability, accuracy / robustness of data, and velocity
● Become technical expert in Census data processing and Identity resolution – with understanding of end-to-end systems architecture and data flow as well as marketplace dynamics, key clients and use cases
● Maintain an intake process to ensure the team has an up to date list of all the backlog items to facilitate efficient prioritization.
● Establish and maintain a data quality mindset to drive internal accountability for data integrity released to internal and external clients.
○ Coordinate with required stakeholders for backlog prioritization, severity issues resolutions and other communications.
○ Work with Product Sales, Product Marketing, and with clients for Product Discovery and for voice of client in order to inform Product Roadmap.
○ Partner with stakeholders and cross functional leaders by effectively communicating strategies and trade-offs so that priority can be determined. Clearly lay out all trade-off implications for business.
○ Understand the ongoing tech work, current system design and limitations.
○ Own and communicate product vision, roadmap, and P&L ensuring:
■ Product vision aligns with commercial needs
■ Roadmap covers near, mid and future-term initiatives
■ P&L maintenance to set goals
○ Represent end-users, market needs throughout product development
○ Research industry trends and identify new opportunities for product growth & quality ○ Gather stakeholder requirements and author epics and features delivered to scrum teams ○ Monitor project execution and ongoing delivery, ensuring product is healthy and continuing to meet market demands.
○ Effectively communicate product notifications with all parties of interest highlighting: project milestones & progress, product release dates, production delivery status, and severity incident impact & status
● Strong technical aptitude and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
● Experience managing midsize to large projects with multiple stakeholders, identifying key milestones, risks and assumptions, and measuring success.
● Managing collaboration and execution for senior stakeholders and peers across organizations for product enhancements.
● Maintains a product roadmap to the Digital Data Pipelines teams shares the vision for the product group with external and internal stakeholders.
● Has good foundational communicator and motivator skills. Has the ability to drive outcomes in the Super-Scrum team.
● Technical Skills should be attuned to high volume, high traffic systems, familiarity with programming languages such as Java, Python, and GoLang, and familiarity with a public cloud platform such as AWS, GCP and Azure. Hands on experience with SQL queries and data analysis.
● A conceptual understanding of advancing development practices such as test driven development, design patterns, and best industry practices for enterprise architecture and design
● Self-starter and leader with proven ability to work through uncertainty ● Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills ● Creative thinking around innovative ideas on how to complete measurement objectives ● Exceptional project management, organizational, writing, & presentation skills; ability to
multi-task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests ● Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or client escalations
● Client-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal and external client and partner needs
● Digital Media industry experience is a plus
● Minimum 3 years of industry experience
● Minimum 5 years of experience in roles within the software development life cycle ● Minimum 3 year of experience as a Product Owner. Preferred candidates should have a proven track record and experience necessary to advocate for and establish product management best practices at Nielsen.
● Experience with Atlassian toolset is desired
● Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, and etc.
● Experience working with geographically distributed teams
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, Remote, ,