Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
Client Service & Sales
#: 82750-en_US / 82750
Head Of Japan Customer Success, Marketing Effectiveness – 82750
Client Services and Sales – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a market leader within Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice, you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. You will serve as a regional commercial and analytical point of contact for some of our largest advertising clients to deepen our relationships and expand our partnerships. This includes leading client partnerships, leading renewals, and upselling solutions. You will ensure that you are up skilling your team and they deliver best-in-class insights. Ultimately you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue goals for your clients by renewing, upselling and expanding our marketing effectiveness book of business at each of our clients and ensuring the development and success of your team. You will also be the primary contact and liaison between clients and operations teams, working closely with the new sales team to take advantage of marketplace opportunities.
- Responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion.
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision-makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes.
- Owner of executive relationships and escalation point for commercial and consulting-related engagements.
- Lead relevant RFP/High-value commercial discussions with your client.
- Exceed revenue for the region.
- Ensure your team delivers proactive insights and action-oriented solutions to clients by:
- Partnering with clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations
- Providing subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team.
- Ensuring best practices in methodology, client communication, and project execution
- Designing analytic studies that meet advertisers’ research objectives with the highest level of rigor and business relevancy
- Ensure deployment, and adherence to regional and global initiatives like product, platform and methodology enhancement roll-outs.
- Contribute to regional and global Performance Measurement initiatives as the voice of your market and of your clients.
- Collaborate with other Nielsen Media teams to provide holistic support to clients
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of marketing research or analytics experience
- Experience managing teams through direct lines and indirectly through influence
- Strong, successful track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets of $2M+
- Ability to negotiate complex deals and ideate client engagement models
- Consultative story-telling ability to turn data into insights and package for a C-level audience to maximize impact
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI data a plus
- Japanese – fluent, English – fluent
ABOUT THE TEAM
Nielsen Media has been and will continue to be the most important third-party independent measurement provider. From development through syndication, the Product team provides critical data and insights that help inform measurement. You’ll be at the center of product development and delivery to enable media markets to function.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo