India / India / / Mumbai
#: 100081-en_US / 100081
Java Developer with Big Data Experience – 100081
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in managing and architecting enterprise wide solutions.
- A Reliable manager who can provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Design,Develop & Manage high-quality products on Core Java / J2EE platform.
- Solid experience designing & developing Big Data systems.
- The candidate will follow Agile software development methodologies and adhere to best practices in the software development process.
Must Haves Skills:
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and OO analysis & design.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java & Java EE conceptual and programming skills.
- Experience working with Java 8 Streams API and Functional Interfaces.
- Experience in working with RDBMS like Oracle / MySQL / MS-SQL.
- Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS Dynamo DB) / Columnar DBs (Cassandra).
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hive, Hadoop.
- Experience with Scala, Reactive Programming.
Desired Skills / Good to have:
- Experience in working with search platforms like Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search.
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Required Experience 11 – 14 Years
- Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra