North America / United States / CT / Stamford
#: 78985-en_US / 78985
Junior Data Analyst – 78985
Analytics – USA Stamford, Connecticut
Referral Bonus Amount – $500.00
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Sports is a global leader in the Sports Marketing industry – providing measurement, analytics, and advice to help brands, sports teams, and rights holders drive the performance of their business. We are looking for a talented Data Analyst that has a passion working with data, backed with strong creativity and discipline. As a Junior Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering first-class evaluations and drawing insights across sponsorship and media consumption to support client decision making in a reliable and efficient manner.
- Work towards the mastery of Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help evaluate data to solve our client’s most pressing business questions
- Build multidimensional data sets used to value sponsorships across different media platforms
- Create and manage league sponsorship files used for client reporting, benchmarking and, trends
- Produce reports across different client types, helping to identify, analyze, and interpret key performance measures
- Collaborate with team members in the design and execution of sports industry projects and predictive studies through critical thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Market Research, or related field
- Possess naturally curious mindset, enthusiasm working with data, strong adaptability, and sense of accountability
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, including use of formula writing, logic statements, pivot tables, and index/lookups
- Novice experience in Python pandas coding language
- Demonstrated competency in data analysis and visualization, experience in PowerBI is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify data and complex ideas
- Knowledge of and interest in the US sports and entertainment landscape is desired
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Stamford,Connecticut
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,