Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
Technology & Engineering
#: 69901-en_US / 69901
Junior System Admin – 69901
Technology and Engineering – Australia Macquarie Park, New South Wales
About the role
Junior System Administrator will work within a skilled local team and operate closely with both Technology and Development colleagues. The System administrator will focus on operational activities and customer projects including implementation, configuration, testing, and commissioning of software solutions plus provide prompt technical support to the internal teams within the wider organization.
- Support project teams and operational teams with assigned tasks;
- System implementations, commissioning, bug fixes, and upgrades;
- Ongoing documentation and knowledge sharing;
- Timely troubleshooting of internal issues reported by team members;
- Remote work plus occasional regional visits to data center facilities.
- Tertiary education in an IT discipline;
- Linux administration and scripting experience;
- Understanding of XML, JSON, YAML (preferred)
- Networking fundamentals (protocols, router, switch, storage);
- Use of ticket or issue management tools eg JIRA;
- Good interpersonal, administrative, and documentation skills.
- Broadcast or video technology experience highly regarded.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park