North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 84541-en_US / 84541
Lead Engineer – 84541
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Are you hungry for a challenge?
You’ll need that appetite as an engineer on the Digital Campaigns engineering team at Nielsen, because we work in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced industry. We measure tens of thousands of advertising campaigns with billions of ads served to consumers on phones, tablets, computers, and internet streaming devices every day. The data sets that we deal with are stunning in their size, and pose enormous challenges in collecting, handling, analyzing, and storing so much information. We have an immediate opening for a Principal Java Engineer to join our backend team and help lead the future technical direction of our digital ad campaign management platform.
Who are we?
- Arthur C. Nielsen founded the company in 1923 with a goal of helping companies measure their sales and better understand the consumers that drove them. From retail sales and consumer purchase measurement to Radio and Television measurement, Nielsen is the original big data company. Digital consumer measurement is the latest chapter in our rich measurement history
- We are the provider of the Web’s primary measurement platform for brand advertising (a $83B industry in 2017 and growing quickly). Some of our customers: Procter & Gamble, Facebook, Hulu, GroupM, and Roku
- Strong strategic technology partnerships with Facebook, Google, Adobe, and others set our measurement products apart from any others in the industry
- A world-class group of people and work environment located in Tampa, Florida
- An open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment. We use many of the latest open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services
What kind of engineer are we looking for?
- Experience (5+ years) designing and developing microservices architectures
- Track record of building highly scalable and resilient, 24×7 web applications
- Ability to analyze and tackle performance and scalability problems
- Expert object-oriented and functional Java development skills (10+ years)
- Experience designing high volume, high throughput data warehousing solutions
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps development processes and supporting tools (TDD, CI/CD, etc.)
- Familiarity with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform a big plus)
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem (more specifically ECS/EKS, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis etc)
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent (MS or Phd a plus)
- Great communication and collaboration skills with a ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
There is an enormous potential for career growth at Nielsen. We’re expecting you to be able to hit the ground running on your very first day. This means not only having the technical skills to code, but knowing how to lead an engineering team. It should go without saying that you know how to use source control in your sleep, be able to setup and administer your own dev machine, have worked with IntelliJ or other comparable IDE’s, work with defect tracking systems, write proper code documentation, etc.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,