North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 82422-en_US / 82422
Lead Solutions Engineer – 82422
Data Science – USA New York, New York
As a Lead Solutions Engineer, you will leverage your past experience building and managing production platforms to lead and oversee platform and software development in Nielsen Data Science.
What will I do?
- Work within the Data Science organization to exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience in data engineering, software development, cloud infrastructure, and automation.
- Drive technical solutions to complex business problems. From lightweight automation to designing and building robust/scalable solutions. Strong focus on optimization.
- Contribute to team discussions around data modeling / architecture, application architecture, and software development lifecycle.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
Is this for me?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with an Information Technology focus
- 5+ years of data engineering experience / software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Python, Spark, Scala
- Experienced with AWS / Azure and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with ETL pipelining and data warehousing
- Strong knowledge of Git workflows, particularly in a collaborative environment
- Experience with Airflow, Ansible, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Well organized and capable of handling multiple mission critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Manage projects consisting of cross functional teams including data science, engineering, and product leadership
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,