North America / Canada / NS / Halifax
#: 86937-en_US / 86937
Live Data Operator – 86937
Gracenote – Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia
Calling all sports fans! If you have a passion for sports, enjoy working with data and want to get paid for watching what you love, this is the position for you! Nielsen is expanding our team and looking for part-time Sports Data Entry Operators.
As a Sports Data Entry Operator you will watch live sporting events and enter sports statistics and information into our custom software. This data powers technology, such as sports websites and applications, for our thousands of clients across the globe. We are seeking candidates who are highly motivated and knowledgeable about North American sports with the ability to work nights and weekends – you work when the teams play!
- This is a part-time position that requires availability on nights AND weekends.
- The position includes at least 2 shifts per week. Each shift is 3-4 hours. (There may be the opportunity to pick up additional shifts, as they are available.)
- Hours will fluctuate during the year due to league schedules.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential due to the live nature of the work.
The position requires being onsite for training and occasional in-office work, but candidates must also be capable of working from home. Home set up must include:
- PC with Windows 10 / Mac with OS Sierra or newer
- Keyboard and mouse
- Two monitors
- Reliable high speed internet
- Monitor assigned sporting events and record live statistics into sports specific software.
- Ensure all data entered is accurate and monitor the output of the content.
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures.
- Report any concerns or issues to management in a timely manner .
Knowledge of main North American sports leagues (football, basketball, baseball and hockey).
Proficient computer skills, including strong keyboarding skills and ability to balance high speed entry requirements with accuracy.
Ability to quickly learn new procedures, and follow them consistently and accurately.
Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team, as well as independently.
Completion of high school preferred.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
Secondary Locations: , , ,