North America / United States / MD / Hanover
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 87163-en_US / 87163
Machine Operator – 87163
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – USA Hanover, Maryland
To operate machine equipment on a daily basis in support of PPM and radio diary mailings to a selected sample. Machine Operators will also assist with manual processes and provide support for other external mailings.
• This position is responsible for accurately preparing and processing timely high volume mailings for all cycles within the department
• Operate various mail shop processing machines (printers, inserters, sorters, etc.)
• Manage assigned workload and adapt to reprioritization as necessary
• Adhere to policy guidelines to determine acceptability of data conditions present in inputs and outputs of production system/process.
• Execute training plans for area of responsibility.
• Has a thorough understanding of the business processes and flows to recommend improvements to production processes
• Will assist in accurately preparing and completing special mailing for other departments as requested.
• Responsibilities will also include manually applying postage stamps to specific outgoing mail.
• All incentives and postage received for a job must be verified before and accounted for after the job is complete.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment and meet tight delivery deadlines
• Proven accuracy and execution, with ability to follow explicit instructions
• The ability to operate and maintain mailing equipment making minor repairs and adjustments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2-3 years in a direct mail environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of G suite – Gmail, Docs, Sheet, Drive, and Calendar for business Medical examiner DOT card required to drive truck.
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 55+ pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, twist and turn
- Ability to use a phone or headset, computer keyboard
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Hanover,Maryland
Secondary Locations: , , ,