India / India / / Mumbai
#: 97167-en_US / 97167
Manager Business Analysis – 97167
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
Work with us on driving the industry standard for video and sports recognition and supporting one of the largest databases of entertainment metadata in the world. We are a team of data specialists and entertainment information experts who support our metadata products and services.
In the role of ‘Manager Business Analysis’, you will understand, coordinate, integrate and develop tools/systems/application and technology requirements across Gracenote’s Global organization. A key component of this role is the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution. This role is responsible for the technical understanding and integration used to maintain one of the world’s largest and most commercially viable media information databases. Our Global tools /systems /applications are critical systems and provide a unified interface for data authoring and content management.
Manager, Business Analysis is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. Manager, Business Analysis is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Help drive development, delivery and integration of tools within the Organization
- Using a consultative approach, conduct requirements gathering sessions across the organization to extract cross-vertical business rules paying attention to mainstream as well as outliers
- Collaborate with other teams to drive a holistic view of global requirements for unification of tools and create synergies in methods, processes and tools around the world
- Work with the Design, Architect & Development leads to understand a project conceptually and provide inputs to those projects and guiding estimation & execution conversations using subject matter expertise that has been developed over time
- Lineup the project work into User stories and work to refine and prioritize the product backlog and detail the user stories
- Act as a key facilitator within the Product & Content teams between the power users, global stakeholders and the engineering team
- Serve as the Information Owner of applications in the area ofl support.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT
- Experience (8-10+ years) is required as a Product Manager, Business Analyst or Project Manager
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software development projects using Agile methodologies managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. CAPM / PMP preferred.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Atlassian Jira / Confluence
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is based in Gracenote Mumbai office and is part of the Product team. This role requires excellent organizational, self-motivation, and interpersonal skills, as well as domain knowledge. This role demands decisive operational judgment and regular communication with Gracenote departments outside of the Product team, including Senior Management, Technical / Engineering teams, Content teams.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: www.nielsen.com & www.gracenote.com.
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra