Africa and Middle East / South Africa / GP / Johannesburg /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999728830013 / REF1365Y
ABOUT THIS JOB
The New Business Development Manager is a pivotal role in Nielsen’s growth strategy. Focused on accelerating organic growth, the NBD Manager generates short-cycle revenue opportunities by rapidly penetrating new clients and growing ad-hoc clients with a highly profitable, syndicated product portfolio. NBD executives strive to exceed sales targets and seek outstanding rewards.
- Good understanding of Market Research, preferably of Nielsen products
- Passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities
- Short-term results orientated, competitive, and a high-energy self-starter
- Strong negotiator and deal closer, comfortable in challenging and influencing client at all levels
- Own and reach individual revenue target.
- Generate short-cycle revenues from syndicated solutions, such as Ad-Hoc RMS and CPS reports, AIS and Global Snapshots.
- Target/penetrate new clients and ad-hoc ones, with a special focus on white space and the small & medium enterprise (SME) sector, including non-FMCG clients
- Develop go-to-market strategies that will deliver maximum reach across the target client portfolio
- Create new leads, including from cold calling, and prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Monitor progress against revenue target with tenacity and course-correct quickly where necessary
- Identify upselling opportunities by creating leads for more advanced/customised Nielsen services and to transform ad-hoc relationships into continuous contracts.
- Utilise with creativity the tools available within the wider organisation to generate leads and develop engagement plans, such as Marketing & Communications calendars, commercial sales drives, category sales data and CRM toolkits.
- Ensure that all syndicated sales materials, including proposals and marketing information, are consistent with the Nielsen Voice and demonstrate best in class within the industry.
- Ensure a full understanding of all Nielsen solutions
- Ability to create new leads from cold calling and to prioritize client visits based on sales potential, prospect and build a solid pipeline
- Skilful in driving client interest and new business through a creative proposal of Nielsen capabilities
- Independent worker, who also contributes to the overall objectives of a team
- Excellent communication skills, ability to read other’s styles and adapt behaviour accordingly
- Customer service and the ability to build good client relationships
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’ve dabbled in research and analytics. And you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversation or presentations. While you’ may have worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to details. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Representative ( 6+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Sheets, Slides etc
- Familiarity with Sales practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients.
Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them
all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com