Asia Pacific / Malaysia / Selangor / Petaling Jaya /
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999730960595 / 50243477
Nielsen Connect is building talent pipeline to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we'll follow-up with an exploratory conversation.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Retail Intelligence Business Unit captures both our Retail Measurement Services (RMS) and SalesForce Activation Services (SFA). RMS is a syndicated service to track the movement of consumer goods from manufacturer to the consumer through the retail trade, in which clients would be able to analyze sales, distribution, pricing, and marketing factors for FMCG markets and brands over time. SFA provides custom and syndicated services to FMCG manufacturers and retailers measuring universe size, channel structure, in-store observation, and compliance utilizing an extensive field force all over Malaysia.
This is a role that carries a lot of growth opportunities given that Malaysia is an important market within the South-East Asia region and you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of global, regional, and local FMCG clients. We are looking for a result-oriented, analytically-minded commercial person who is able to build on the current relationship with existing clients as well as identify new clients, and drive further stakeholder engagement within Nielsen.
- Manage a portfolio of clients as well as identify new prospects to grow the overall clientele base for the Retail Intelligence team so as to achieve planned financial objectives and other operational performance indicators.
- Develop strong relationships with current clients / new clients with a plan to cross-sell and introduce new solutions that meet their business needs.
- Achieve revenue and profitability targets as well as other related business development objectives as assigned by continuous monitoring of actual vs budgeted performance, budget restrictions, and commercial pricing
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through a high level of client service standards in line with client expectations
- Complete desk research, analysis, and commercial proposals in readiness for client meetings
- Oversee the management and conduct of assigned research projects including preparation, approval, and delivery of proposals and coordination with the delivery team
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. A proven commercial leader, who is highly results oriented and can build and execute sales strategies and plans. You will be accountable for sales operations, such as new business development, sales pitching, forecasting, and pipeline management. A team player, who has the ability to collaborate with peers, and contribute to stronger engagement within Nielsen Malaysia.
- BA / BS Required (MBA desirable)
- 4 to 6 years FMCG experience with marketing, analysis, insights or sales roles.
- Strong analysis skills and financial acumen
- Research or agency related industry experience desired
- Strong Client Focus and Proactiveness
- Very Good Influencing & Persuading Skills
- Expert knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Effective writing skills