North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 88021-en_US / 88021
Manager, Client Solutions – 88021
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Manager, Client Solutions is a member of the National Media team supporting several of Nielsen’s major Publisher clients. The scope of the client service function ranges from in-bound calls addressing ratings, sample and advertising data inquiries, understanding consumer viewership behaviors across screens, proactive client solution assistance and maintaining knowledge of Nielsen’s product mechanics, measurement practices and roadmap. This role includes responsibility for maintaining and deepening Nielsen’s relationship with the client, including the identification of additional opportunities for selling products and projects that address key client issues/needs related to all facets of media.
The Manager, Client Solutions will take ownership over a significant portion of managing both the client relationship and internal/external projects and relationships in support of client needs. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for securing new and renewing existing business within traditional linear and digital services. This will require selling in linear and digital products, measurement services and working with internal stakeholders on media analytics and custom reporting capabilities. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated ability and experience in building and honing key relationships both internally and externally, robust written and oral communication skills, an ability to adapt to the needs of our dynamic environment, a strong response orientation, an intellectual curiosity and passion for data, and an enthusiasm for content.
- Generally would start to manage their own client relationships.
- Supporting clients as their direct and primary contact
- Proactively share thought leadership pieces, Communications and Nielsen insights that bring value to our clients
- Understanding the challenges the client faces and what their priorities are
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and questions that arise from clients (including onboarding clients).
- Work closely with internal Nielsen teams to deliver to the needs of the client. Know how to navigate internal request and problem solve for clients
- Provide sample & product updates
- Identify sales & revenue opportunities with our clients & connect with your sales counterpart to move these opportunities to close.
- Innovate with clients & prospects to use Nielsen tools to grow their business
- Establish relationships and partnerships with clients and act as a trusted business partner to provide insights on data strategy and inform them of product developments
- Proactively monitor stations and competitive performance and produce analyses that yield actionable insights
- Proactively call clients to check in
- Build strong client relationship foundation to anticipate client needs
- In-depth industry knowledge In-depth understanding of Nielsen data-usage & methodology.
- Computer & software savvy.
- Detail Oriented & ability to be a self starter
- Business communication, writing, analytical, presentation & organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and develop client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and build a strong network.
- Critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Acts proactively and manages multiple priorities.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, , ,