Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
#: 74422-en_US / 74422
Manager, Data Partnerships – 74422
Gracenote – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
The Content & Data Partnerships Manager will be responsible for helping define and, in turn, execute the content partnership strategies for acquiring data in support of Gracenote/Nielsen products. In addition to strong communication skills, the ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has strong attention to detail, and ability to navigate multiple priorities, and experience collaborating across various functions to ensure project success. They must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of their direct sphere of responsibility.
- Research the Video, Music, entertainment and sports industries along with Gracenote internal data to determine appropriate content partners based on market, demographic, product mix, and competitive analysis. Build consensus across content and product functions regarding targets and priorities.
- Design a comprehensive partner data acquisition plan and work with internal resources to meet projected milestones. Develop and maintain management reporting and controls to ensure progress to plan, including visibility and communication within and across functions. Cultivate and nurture relationships with existing and potential partners to ensure the highest quality data is represented in Gracenote databases
- Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas to provide comprehensive content to clients (e.g., engineering, sales, product, etc.)
- Handling Queries – creating source coverage reports and comprehend the source delivery landscape and recommending best practices and consistent delivery.
- Communicating with the sources for clarifications/confirmations on set of data received
- Exposure to Contract Negotiation in overall activities within the Source Relationship Team.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of five years’ related work experience.
- Bi-lingual (Japanese and English)
- Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry, which may include music, sports, traditional TV and streaming media.
- Outstanding communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively and transparently with multiple levels of seniority internally and externally
- Research and strategic planning experience
- Detail-oriented, reliable and accountable
- Must demonstrate effective (self-) organizational, analytical, research and multitasking skills.
- Project management experience a plus
- Work knowledge in Crisis Management and Contract Negotiation.
- Ability to travel to industry events/meetings
- Basic analytical skills – in our sphere it is to understand error reports/source behavioral patterns.
- Knowledge of Gracenote products and services
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time