North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 89263-en_US / 89263
Manager – Modeling Analytics – 89263
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Manager – Modeling Analytics – Chicago, IL
As a Manager – Modeling Analytics within the Nielsen Outcomes and Platforms organization, you will work with modelers, senior modelers, and modeling leads to successfully deliver marketing mix models to address our clients’ complex business questions, such as:
- What is the return on our marketing investments?
- How much should we spend on marketing?
- What types of marketing are most effective and how can I maximize my return?
A day in the life of Manager – Modeling Analytics may look like:
- Overseeing and providing guidance on the processing or large and complex datasets using SAS or Python.
- Executing and reviewing statistical models, and providing thought leadership on how to best build these models.
- Understanding clients’ business questions and translating them into an analytical study.
- Using Nielsen’s state-of-the-art analytics tools and processes to solve data-intensive business problems and deliver results.
- Presenting and defending the results of your work to internal teams, offering actionable insights and recommendations that lead to measurable business impact.
- Managing modelers and senior modelers, including coaching them in modeling best practices, processes/tools, communication, and project management.
- Leading a team of 1-3 modeling analysts/sr analysts.
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or Business (with a quantitative emphasis).
- 5+ years of hands-on analytics experience (advanced degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience).
- 1+ years experience managing direct reports with a proven history of people development, including training, mentoring, and building engagement.
- Versatility: You want to work at the intersection of data science and consulting, with the ability to effortlessly move between your deep understanding of data and statistical models, while also deriving business insights and explaining those results to a non-technical audience.
- Curiosity and Enthusiasm: You are driven by learning and have the passion & confidence to ask “Why?” and “So What?” You are motivated by learning and always seek to understand how things work under the hood.
- A Problem Solving Mindset: You are passionate about finding answers to challenging problems and are willing to dig deep to find a solution. You can see both the details and the big picture to solve problems using data.
- Interpersonal Skills: You are engaging, confident, communicate effectively, drive positivity, and keep our culture open and fun.
- Leadership: You are passionate about developing junior associates, multiplying talent, and building team engagement.
What you’ll gain:
- Countless Learning Opportunities: You will be in the know of the latest trends in marketing analytics and will be solving some of the most complex business problems for our clients.
- Cross-Industry Experience: Nielsen works with hundreds of clients across a multitude of verticals like CPG, Retail, Finance, Tech, Auto, Insurance and much more.
- Career growth: We strongly believe in meritocracy and giving opportunities to our top talent. There will never be a boring moment in your career within Nielsen. You will grow with us and continually take on more challenging projects and roles.
About the Team:
Nielsen Outcomes and Platforms uses proprietary and cutting edge analytical tools to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,