North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 82761-en_US / 82761
Manager, Strategic Partnerships – 82761
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Manager, Strategic Partnerships is within Nielsen’s Global Strategic Partnerships team. The scope of the role includes understanding Nielsen’s data needs, identifying the correct partner to work with, developing a partner engagement strategy, contract negotiation and long-term partner management. The role will also work across many different teams within Nielsen including Product Leadership, Legal, Finance, and Domestic and International Commercial leaders.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong media background and a proven track record of business development and account management. This person should be an independent worker, highly organized, have the desire to build strong relationships, and be comfortable representing Nielsen in the marketplace.
- Maintaining relationships with Nielsen’s existing global data partners including Experian, LiveRamp, Neustar, MRI, and others
- Engaging with potential partners to learn more about them and determine whether or not each partner can help with Nielsen’s product strategy
- Working with finance to ensure budget requirements are met
- Working with legal to create contracts with favorable terms
- Working with product teams to identify internal data needs
- Working across the strategic partnerships team to help maintain organization and up-to-date records of partner engagement
- Researching and engaging with international identity data providers
- Communicating across internal Nielsen product and commercial teams what data rights we have with each provider and status of partners
- 2-4 years of business development / account management experience
- Strong organizational skills
- BA or BS Degree
- Knowledge of Nielsen’s measurement and digital planning solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills oriented toward leading and maintaining relationships
- Excellent communication skills to translate complex concepts across various internal stakeholders
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,