North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 104882-en_US / 104882
Are you ready to launch your career in Marketing and make an impact on day one? We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative marketing talent to join our team.
Nielsen is looking for Marketing Interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. This function is a critical member of Nielsen’s marketing and communications team and in-house agency. This person will be responsible for managing marketing projects, stakeholders and resources, ensuring clear communication and effective output.
What will you do?
- Project management of cross functional marketing projects
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis to drive strategy, timelines and feedback
- Partner with creative team to come up with organizational efficiencies and improve process especially involving communication between teams
- Review incoming and outgoing work to ensure it’s done to brief, on brand, and correctly
- As needed, coordinate with offshore creative studio, local and remote designers, copywriters, freelancers, vendors, and internal creative directors to route and produce creative and digital projects
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in a business degree (marketing concentration preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Possess leadership and multitasking abilities
- Familiarity with all phases of design disciplines, brand design, design execution, industrial design, design strategy, front-end innovation as well as development and commercialization
- Must be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated excellence with stakeholder management & change management
- Expertise in standard computer software and curious/fearless about learning new software. Mac experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) preferred
- Prior internship or general experience in marketing project management
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Marketing Team:
We are a diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
When & Where:
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are Monday, June 6, 2022 to Friday, August 12, 2022. We are currently planning for a virtual internship but that is subject to change. Otherwise, internships are available in the following locations:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!