North America / Canada / ON / Markham
#: 101764-en_US / 101764
Marketing Outcomes Sales Manager – 101764
Analytics – Canada Markham, Ontario
The Marketing Outcomes Sales Manager for Marketing Effectiveness in Canada is a senior sales professional with active market relationships, selling experience, ability to “hunt” for selling opportunities, and preferably with a deep understanding of the Marketing Mix Model (MMM) and the digital advertising technology ecosystem. The position will be responsible for generating new business relationships and developing existing business within Canada across verticals, reporting to the Director of Marketing Effectiveness Canada. Requires an ability to understand and articulate the value of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness solutions to customers and partners up to the C-level. Candidates must have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota and experience with value or solution based selling. Compensation will be a combination of base salary plus commission linked to sales targets/quota. The commission structure will vary based on your quota.
- Formalize a go-to-market strategy within qualified strategic Brands/Agencies.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets by cultivating existing client relationships and targeting prospective strategic accounts within assigned industry verticals.
- Complex sales-cycle management; manage the entire sales process engaging the appropriate resources such as Solutions Consultants, Client Services, Inside Sales, Executives and Partners.
- Ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business leads, sales, and account expansion.
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline in Salesforce.com to ensure over-achievement.
- Engage and develop relationships with C-level executives, positioning Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data.
- Generate short-term results whilst maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation, with accurate quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Develop a clear understanding of Nielsen products and solutions.
- Be a true sales “hunter” to drive revenue, create new business and engaging sales collateral.
- Work consultatively and creatively with clients while maintaining a pragmatic focus on solution profitability.
- Generate new product ideas and bring the voice of the customer back to product management.
- Strong successful sales track record in meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota of $600k+.
- 5+ years of CPG, Financial Services, Retail, Telecommunications-oriented consultative-selling experience.
- Proven and quantifiable overachievement of revenue, sales and profitability objectives; strong pipeline management skills with a track record of predictability and consistency.
- Proven skills managing selling cycles from four week to six months to a year in duration.
- Strong PR in the Market with Media Agencies and potential clients is a plus.
- Consumer Packaged Goods and Marketing Mix Modeling or Multi Touch Attribution experience a plus.
- Relevant complex sales experience in advertising and/or Enterprise SaaS technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt their message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish.
- Strong understanding of solution/consultative selling.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
NOTE: Approximately 20% travel within Canada will be required once travel is resumed.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Markham,Ontario
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time