India / India / / Mumbai
Client Service & Sales
#: 103382-en_US / 103382
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The International Media Analytics team is looking for a Commercial Lead focussing on India, North Asia, South East Asia and the Pacific. The individual will be responsible for growing the Media Analytics business in these markets alongside talented local commercial and research teams. With your help, our insights will influence decisions for some of today’s leading local and global companies.
- The Commercial Lead will support Nielsen’s teams to shape and deliver the MA business strategy and drive revenue opportunities across the wider Media commercial and MA teams. As a trusted Commercial leader, this role requires strong consultative skills and the ability to create compelling proposals and products.
- This person will work with senior market and regional leaders in order to build on the Media Analytics client base and maintain, grow and diversify revenue streams. A key facet of the role is to work with new and existing methodologies to answer key business questions for Advertisers, Media Agency and Publisher/Platform clients.
- To be successful, the candidate will require strong leadership and commercial skills accompanied by a good understanding of research techniques. A curious, creative mind is key to success. Only by being forward facing, cognisant of client and industry needs and challenges can the successful candidate deliver to client expectations.
- The role involves consulting with external clients, internal stakeholders as well as third parties in order to sell and develop innovative solutions. Fundamental to the role is the ability to share in the wider vision of integrating Nielsen Media’s wider products as well as third party datasets in order to create compelling solutions for our diverse client portfolio. Further to this is the need to be a driven and passionate leader, leading by example to empower MA.
- You will know you are doing an extraordinary job when your customers are delighted, when they utilise your work to make or inform key marketing decisions and when they expand their usage and engagement with media analytics or other Nielsen products.
- You have excellent organisational skills and the ability to singlehandedly juggle multiple priorities. You are an excellent communicator who empathises with the audience and with their challenges and needs.
- You are resourceful when facing challenges, and refuse to give up until our customers succeed.
- 5+ years experience in market research
- Curious about data and ability to analyse it
- A self-starter with a keen interest in advertising and genuine passion and curiosity for market research.
- Add value to the client or to our international colleagues by providing advice, consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction
- Good at building relationships, both internally and externally
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and balance multiple projects
- Commercially savvy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to seamlessly coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Creating and owning global training programme for Media Analytics portfolio across international markets
ABOUT THE TEAM
The aim of the International Media Analytics team is to understand how consumers interact with Media and Advertising as well as understanding how this affects their behaviours and attitudes. We do this by using many means and methodologies, through ‘asking’ and ‘observing’.
The Nielsen Media Analytics (MA) team aims to create compelling stories for its clients, providing actionable insights and recommendations. Projects vary from understanding consumer behaviours to digging into their customer journeys all the way through to creative positioning.
The MA team also acts as an innovation hub, creating new products and services, answering client questions in new and innovative ways and keeping Nielsen Media at the cutting edge of industry needs and challenges
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Media India fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about where do people shop from, what do they watch online and from where, what do they use to pay online. To discover what’s true, we have comprehensive measurement of consumer perception across online verticals. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth. Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
The MA team also acts as an innovation hub, creating new products and services, answering client questions in new and innovative ways and keeping Nielsen Media at the cutting edge of industry needs and challenges.