Africa and Middle East / Jordan / / Amman
#: 100904-en_US / 100904
Music Editor – 100904
Gracenote – Jordan Amman, Amman
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote’s Music Editorial team is made up of music enthusiasts with a deep knowledge of regional music trends and genres. We are looking for an all-around music enthusiast to join our team.
Successful candidates will have a strong breadth and depth of knowledge about different genres of popular music. In this position, you will combine your music knowledge with a sharp eye for detail in order to support an artist and discography database. You must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable with technology. You must be able to maintain focus on tasks and deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Ensure that album and artist metadata are of highest quality
- Apply independent judgment to review, correct and classify music-related data elements according to established standards and practices
- Support discography review efforts
Day to Day tasks:
- Ensure that metadata in new music content adheres to our standards
- Research artists to verify metadata
- Communicate issues and resolutions clearly and concisely, escalating problems as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of workflows, tool use, quality control
- Learn and master internal Gracenote tools, technologies, data standards, and processes
- Bi/multilingual with regional language knowledge of Arabic
- Comprehensive and well-rounded knowledge of wide array of popular music
- Ability to review, navigate, and compare vast amounts of textual and imagery information from multiple information sources in a rapid manner
- Have familiarity with data-standardization policies and techniques, styles guides, and/or normalization routines
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, surfacing problems or issues as necessary
- Detail-oriented with good judgment, critical thinking, and a strong capacity for spotting trends and/or anomalies
- Excellent internet research skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- High computer literacy (use of keyboard shortcuts, efficient file/folder management, etc.) and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic understanding of the current state of the (digital) music business, previous experience with the radio industry or related media industry job is a plus
- Fluency/familiarity with languages other than English is a plus
- Experience with databases and other technological infrastructure is a plus
- BA/BS degree required
Gracenote provides metadata to the entertainment industry – sports, music, video, TV. You see Gracenote Video data every time you turn on your TV or stream on-demand programming. We’re a data company that works with data you, your friends and your family use every day.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ count
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amman,Amman