North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 88602-en_US / 88602
Network Engineer – 88602
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Nielsen is currently looking for a talented Network Engineer to join our current operations team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the on-going support of the Nielsen global networking environment and related infrastructure, including the administration, maintenance, support, and continuous future growth of a network that handles traffic from millions of diverse clients, customers, and end-users daily.
About the team
The ideal candidate will join the existing team of network administrators, engineers, and subject matter experts currently responsible for both the on-going operations and expansion of the Nielsen network environment. Each team member brings a variety of skills, experience and background to the team, both technical and other and although we are all working remotely at present, nobody works in a vacuum! We interact with each other and other teams all day. Each gladly shares knowledge, assists, and supports each other when and where needed. We value authenticity, passion, originality and creativity.
- Intergate with the current networking team in the on-going administration and support of Nielsen’s global network infrastructure, including branch offices, data center locations, and cloud networking environments
- Assist in the planning, installation, deployment, and continued maintenance of network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, and load balancers
- Actively support and administer core network services such as public / private DNS, DHCP, IPAM, load-balancing and traffic engineering.
- Provide network support to clients, end-users and other technical operations administrators in both specific and collaborative troubleshooting sessions.
- Prepare network documentation such as network designs, root cause analysis, maintenance plans and common network reports.
- Flexibility and experience working continuously in a rapidly changing environment which can go from planned and project-based work, to troubleshooting, or break/fix type scenarios regularly.
- Participate as a regular member of a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- 2-5 years of experience as a network administrator or engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or collective equivalent of work experience and industry certifications
- Working knowledge and or core understanding of common network architectures, topologies, services, and protocols as they relate to Data Center, Enterprise, and carrier network environments.
- Strong understanding of the issues and challenges around managing and administrating high-availability, high-demand network environments.
- Core knowledge of CI/CD philosophy, along with the roles and impact that network infrastructure has in the process.
- Experience working with the Google productivity suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, etc.) is preferred
- Prior working experience with AWS/Azure/GCP or other cloud-based solutions is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,