North America / United States / CA / Offsite
Technology & Engineering
#: 74585-en_US / 74585
Network Engineer – 74585
Technology and Engineering – USA Offsite, Offsite
Nielsen Global Media is looking for a Network Engineer to join our current operations team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the on-going support of Nielsen Global Media’s entire networking environment and related infrastructure, including the administration, maintenance, support and continuous future growth of a network that handles traffic from millions of clients, customers, and end users daily.
- Work with the network team in the on-going administration of Nielsen Media’s global network infrastructure including branch offices, data center locations, and cloud networking environments
- Assist in the implantation, deployment, and install of new network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, and load-balancers
- Actively support and administer core network services such as public / private DNS, DHCP and IP address allocation, along with Client remote access, and site-to-site VPN connectivity
- Prepare network documentation such as network designs, root cause analysis, maintenance plans and common network reports
- Be flexible working in or continuously context switching between project based work, and troubleshooting break/fix situations
- Participate as a regular member of a 24×7 on-call rotation
- 2-5 years of experience as a network administrator or engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or collective equivalent of work experience and industry certifications
- Working knowledge or core understanding of common network topologies such as small / medium office build outs, large enterprise and campus networking, tierd / spine and leaf data center implementations
- Strong understanding of the issues around managing and administrating high-availability, high-demand network environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies
About the team
We are a small, diverse, global team of engineers and administrators, working together to build out and support the Nielsen Global Media network infrastructure. We work closely with Cyber Security to follow the latest recommended best practices to secure and manage global network services. We bring a variety of backgrounds and skills to the team, both technical and other. Although we are all working remotely at present, nobody works in a vacuum! We interact with each other and other teams all day. We gladly share knowledge, assist, and support each other. We value authenticity, passion, and creativity.
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, CA – Emeryville, ,