North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 111171-en_US / 111171
Network Security Engineer 1 – 111171
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
Nielsen’s infrastructure operations team is actively looking for a Network Engineer with a strong background in or directly related to network Infrastructure security. This individual will share in the continuous responsibility of administration, maintenance, and continuous future growth of Nielsen’s various network security systems, appliances and devices. In an on-going effort to protect a global network environment that handles traffic from millions of clients, customers, and end users daily.
As a member of Nielsen’s global network operations team, this individual will be seen as a subject matter expert in the area of Network infrastructure security charged with the following core responsibilities.
- Work closely with other network engineers, to ensure network security practices are followed and adhered to, in the day-to-day administration and operations of the global network environment.
- Provide upper tier support in the regular administration, maintenance, and deployment of network infrastructure components as related to the network security stack,
- Continuously audit and validate that network security stack components align with business and engineering requirements as documented via security policies and industry best practices.
- Actively monitor, report, and remediate potential breaches and threats to the network environment.
- Collaborate with, and be a liaison between the network operations, infrastructure, and Cyber Security teams. In the case of incidents, events, and project planning.
- Create, document, and report on events, and changes in practice and operation of the network security stack
- 2-5 years of experience as a network administrator or engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or collective equivalent of work experience and industry certifications
- Working knowledge or core understanding of common network topologies
- Small / branch office networking
- Large scale enterprise office networking
- Data center networking
- Strong understanding, and in-depth knowledge of network security best practices
- Abreast of current network security trends , threats, and countermeasures
- Demonstrated knowledge of core network and network security technologies:
- Router / routing
- Switches layer2 and layer 3
- Firewalls in various terminologies and application
- Client and Site-to-Site VPN solutions
- IDS / IPS and threat management
- Client / end-user AAA methods and protocols
- Network host based management
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,