North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 100302-en_US / 100302
Nielsen Sports Solutions Consulting – 100302
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THE JOB
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies, and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across a multitude of devices and screens. Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports, esports, and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to develop, optimize and measure their investments. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports & Esports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
The Consulting role for Nielsen Sports will provide support for proposal creation and the delivery of ongoing insights to clients within the Brands, Leagues, Teams, and Rights Holders verticals. Our involvement with clients spans their entire business, from fan development, media rights support, sponsorship sales and service support and measuring the impact of their marketing activations, among other areas.
- Lead all stages of project delivery, including the key data analytic work that facilitates execution, delivery, and presentation of client projects
- Be a trusted day-to-day advisor to broad range of clients in the sports eco-system including sponsors, agencies, teams and leagues
- Lead analyst teams on sponsorship valuation and ROI assignments and become an expert in Nielsen Sports Valuation methodologies
- Utilize different datasets across the wider Nielsen business in order to provide strategic and actionable insights and recommendations to clients
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include leading teams in building analyses in Excel, crafting PowerPoint reports, and management of various projects and clients
- Support the Consulting & Research group in building the leading global management consulting practice in Sport & Entertainment
- Support the development of key documents including client proposals and other strategic documents, ensuring the highest quality output
- Become an expert in all things Nielsen Sports in order to collaborate with other members of the organization in developing their strategic agendas and executing their priorities/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- Min. 5 years experience (experience in sports or management consulting is a plus)
- Min. 2 years of experience in client management (with client level Director and above)
- Strong analytical and consulting skills including at a minimum advanced Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of marketing effectiveness tools, solutions and methodologies a plus.
- Knowledge and passion for the sports and entertainment industries – especially on the sponsor/brand side
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills with ability to adapt to different stakeholders
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate effectively and persuasively, including ability to present in sales environment
- Successful track record of juggling multiple activities, prioritization, and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience providing strategic thinking to clients, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate into practical plans of action is a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time