North America / United States / NY / Queensbury
#: 87872-en_US / 87872
Operation Analyst – 87872
Gracenote – USA Queensbury, New York
POSITION: Operations Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Service Operations Support
REPORTS TO: Service Operations Support Manager
SHIFT: Thursday/Sunday 10:00pm – 6:30am Friday/Saturday 10:00pm – 10:00am
This position is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, fixing and/or escalating issues for various systems, software applications, processes and live production across multiple Gracenote business units with 24/7/365 coverage. Schedule all Gracenote live production.
● Monitor production, software and system activity on Linux, Mac OS, Windows and Alpha systems to ensure completion of customer products in a timely manner, globally.
● Effectively identify and communicate existing or potential issues related to all aspects of the production process including systems, software and customer deliveries.
● Promptly research and respond to all internal inquiries as they relate to the above areas.
● Read, interpret, schedule and coordinate production cases for all live production, communicating with necessary personnel to ensure completion in an accurate and timely manner.
● Monitor Slack channels and JIRA Service Desk tickets for various severity levels. Escalate issues using Pagerduty, Slack and JIRA based on the Engineering runbooks.
● Other duties as assigned.
● One year of experience within a computer/deadline driven environment or Associates degree in Computer Science or other related field.
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with minimal to no supervision
● Demonstrate strong troubleshooting, organizational, observation and communication skills.
● Knowledge of hardware and software basics with the ability to work on MAC, PC and Linux platforms.
● Background in interfacing with systems/software including graphical, web and command line methods.
● Working knowledge in using Google Office products including Mail, Docs & Sheets
● Must cover shifts for scheduled and unscheduled time off within the department and holidays on a rotating basis.
● Strong customer service and interoffice skills
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Queensbury,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, CA – Emeryville,