North America / United States / CA / Offsite
#: 78461-en_US / 78461
Operations Research Scientist – 78461
Data Science – USA Offsite, Offsite
Operations Research Scientist
Nielsen is the world’s leading consumer media research organization. Global Product, Technology & Operations supports Nielsen’s growth strategy by enabling positive client and market solutions. Our Operations team is in a unique position as the center of data collection, analysis and delivery. We deliver outcomes with the highest quality and integrity standards in an agile and transparent way while standing by our Nielsen values.
The Operations Research Scientist will use their deep understanding of core operations research methodologies to identify, scope and execute on opportunities to optimize and simplify operational processes in Nielsen’s media offerings. Examples of these operational processes include field and call center operations, performance management of field and call center staff, and harmonizing media reference data across multiple format types. This position is an opportunity to bring the rigor of the Operations Research field into legacy systems and build predictive and prescriptive insights that will help Nielsen manage its workforce, its reference and metadata, and operational processes surrounding panelist and respondent recruitment, as well as downstream data reporting. The Operations Research Scientist will use advanced analytic techniques, including, where applicable, machine learning and/or deep learning, to prescribe and forecast actions. Examples could include route optimization, call center staffing, and matching of reference data.
- Build business intelligence forecasts for field and call center staff performance, including maximizing effectiveness around when to reach out to panelists.
- Enhance existing call center staffing models
- Optimize field and call center operations
- Identify unsolved operational problems and create intelligent solutions by discussing requirements with internal teams, researching new methodologies, and creating POCs that can be transitioned to production.
- Master’s degree in Operations Research or related field, with 3 years work experience; or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of work experience in an operational setting
- Passion for applying Machine Learning and other advanced analytic techniques to solve operational problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in building machine learning and/or deep learning models that apply to operational problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in a major programming language used for Artificial Intelligence, such as Python or R.
- Desired experience:
- 4-6 years of work experience in an operational setting
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Certifications such as Certified Analytics Professional, Lean, Six Sigma or Black Belt are welcome
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,