North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 89781-en_US / 89781
Human Resources Business Partner – 89781
Human Resources- USA Oldsmar, Florida
The Human Resources Business Partner serves as the HR Partner for a one country supporting Nielsen’s Media population. The HRBP will provide operational guidance on all areas of HR support in the country and will ensure best in class HR practices as designed by our COEs are deployed to the country and adjusted where necessary. The HRBP will be accountable for compliance with all employment laws and regulations in the region, and will also partner with the Global HRBP/TS team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific talent strategies.
- Particular emphasis is on delivery of HR activity where region, country or local context is required.
- Interfaces with Global Talent Strategist teams to:
- Provide input on Talent conversations and processes
- Give visibility to talent needs in the country
- Ensure continuity in career and development plans for high potential employees
- And to provide any other insight that may be helpful or necessary for the Global Talent Strategists holistic view of their organizations.
- Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects and change programmes as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level. Including policy and procedural compliance across the area and responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion deployment, monitoring and compliance.
- Advise, guide and coach line managers on their HR responsibilities, management behaviours and team management areas.
- Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model ensuring consistency and optimization of HR processes and approach across countries or location ( where possible). In particular:
- Guide local leaders and line managers to obtain support from the right areas;
- Utilising resources at a country or site level to ensure effective use of team resources.
- Maintaining strong partnership with all key stakeholders in the HR model to enable integrated HR Service delivery.
- Ensure accurate data management on all organisational changes and complying with approval & notification procedures
- Provide effective employee relations and a positive working climate locally, closely working with work councils and employee representatives groups , line management and liaising with the ER Leader, where necessary. In particular:
- Work with line managers to ensure effective application of agreed working practices and arrangements.(Eg: Working Hours)
- Ensure Information and consultation processes are followed.
- Support collective negotiations where appropriate.
- Be a champion for employee advocacy and engagement, acting on issues and informing the wider agenda.
- Manage local components of projects and wider change programmes. In particular:
- Implement site level organisational change / re-design
- Support wider business /corporate and HR change programmes
- Identify gaps and improvements in local HR service provision in line with HR strategy, suggesting initiatives for the local agenda where appropriate.
- Manage local projects aligned to HR Business Operations priorities as required.
- Interface with COE’s (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Engagement & Development and DE&I) to ensure a consistent approach on Nielsen’s Employment Value Proposition, Culture, Leadership and Engagement initiatives across the Region.
- Identifies, designs and delivers country-specific in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, Learning, engagement and internal communications.
- Direct and guide line-managers and associates to appropriate learning solutions; providing inputs to Talent Strategist and TED COE
- Work closely with Cluster HRBP Leader and other HRBP Leads to identify, streamline & provide effective & optimized HR services.
- Partner with the local Corporate Functions ( Finance, Legal, Integrity Real Estate) to ensure integration of HR operations and policies into the larger regional and country-specific operational needs, such as budgets, compliance and regulatory requirements, and so on.
- Ensures all practices adhere to the utmost integrity and compliance in all regulatory matters.
- Support the smooth integration of new acquisitions
- Host Local Alumni Activities
- Crisis Management
Key Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or legal field required
- Broad knowledge of the HR best practice across Employee Relations, Reward, Resourcing, Development and Employment Law.
- 5 years of Human Resources experience, across different aspects of the HR function for large and/or Multinational Company
- At least 3 years of experience in a generalist capacity providing support across a variety of HR sub functions to a distributed group.
- Knowledge of country employment laws, regulations, procedures and HR issues.
- Experience of managing ER issues.
- Broad change management skill set, combined with ability to apply project management principles to deliver and support organisational change.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
- Ability to construct an informed opinion and point of view
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida