Asia Pacific / Japan / / Tokyo
#: 78222-en_US / 78222
People Experience Partner – 78222
Human Resources – Japan Tokyo, Tokyo
Innovation is good. Innovation on a global scale is literally world changing. Join us and find out what it means to propel our clients toward the latter.
Summary of Role
The People Experience Partner (PXP) serves as the HR Lead for Japan supporting the Media population. The PXP will provide operational guidance on all areas of HR support in the country and will ensure best in class HR practices as designed by our COEs are deployed to the country and adjusted where necessary. The PXP will be accountable for compliance with all employment laws and regulations in the region, and will also partner with the Global HRBP/TS team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific talent strategies.
- Particular emphasis is on delivery of HR activity where region, country or local context is required.
- Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects and change programmes as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level. Including policy and procedural compliance across the area and responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion deployment, monitoring and compliance
- Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model ensuring consistency of HR processes and approach
- Provide effective employee relations and a positive working climate locally, closely working with work councils and employee representatives groups , line management and liaising with the ER Leader, where necessary
- Interface with COE’s (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Engagement & Development) to ensure a consistent approach on Employment Value Proposition, Culture, Leadership and Engagement initiatives across the Region.
- Identifies, designs and delivers country-specific in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, learning, engagement, and internal communications.
- Work closely with Cluster PX Leader and other PX Leads to identify, streamline & provide effective & optimized HR services.
- Partner with the local Corporate Functions (Finance, Legal, Integrity, Real Estate) to ensure integration of HR operations and policies into the larger regional and country-specific operational needs, such as budgets, compliance, and regulatory requirements, and so on.
- Ensures all practices adhere to the utmost integrity and compliance in all regulatory matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or legal field
- Broad knowledge of the HR best practice across Employee Relations, Reward, Resourcing, Development, and Employment Law.
- 5 years of Human Resources experience, across different aspects of the HR function for large and/or Multinational Company
- At least 3 years of experience in a generalist capacity providing support across a variety of HR sub functions to a distributed group.
- Knowledge of country employment laws, regulations, procedures, and HR issues.
- Experience of managing ER issues.
- Broad change management skill set, combined with the ability to apply project management principles to deliver and support organisational change.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to partner with other members of the People leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
- Ability to construct an informed opinion and point of view
- Able to exercise sound judgement and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities and handling ambiguities.
- Fluent in English and Japanese
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tokyo,Tokyo