North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 75381-en_US / 75381
Platform DevOps Engineer – 75381
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
If you are a DevOps and/or Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. Join a close-knit, passionate team that collaborates in an agile environment to develop great technology. We encourage professional growth opportunities and invest in your personal development. Bring your experience with Cloud and DevOps to help to build out the capabilities of our Nielsen Media platform.
- Develop and enhance SaaS/PaaS platforms for kubernetes, data-lake query, data-processing, orchestration, monitoring, and more by leveraging popular open source software, AWS, and GitLab automation.
- Ensure the reliability and availability of our SaaS/PaaS services using SRE best practices for architecture, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Evaluate, contribute to, and leverage open source technologies including Kubernetes, Presto, Spark, Airflow, Prometheus + friends, ELK, Jupyter, and more in order to create and enhance our internal SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Be an internal sales-person for the platform, helping to get all teams towards full adoption. The platform allows Nielsen to provide all teams with features, optimizations, updates, and security enhancements at scale and pace.
- Diagnose technical and scalability faults on platform services which are typically built on Kubernetes.
- Provide technical support and usage guidance to the users of our platform’s services.
- Drive the creation and refinement of metrics, monitoring, and alerting mechanisms to give us the visibility we need into our production services.
- Passionate about cloud technology and DevOps.
- Competency in SQL and scripting in bash and or python for automation.
- Experience with DevOps automation technologies like Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Gitlab, Jenkins (or similar ones).
- Experience with Unix/Linux based platforms.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- A BS in computer science or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- These skills are nice to have but not mandatory.
- Experience specifically with AWS.
- Ability to code well in Java or Python (or another language and willingness to learn these two).
- Experience with docker and kubernetes.
- Experience with Presto, Spark, Airflow, Prometheus, ELK, or similar technologies.
- History of open source contributions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,