North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 74941-en_US / 74941
Procurement Manager – 74941
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
It is a very exciting time within our Global Procurement organization as we embark on a Procurement Transformation. The transformation is an end to end 3 year plan with the goal to increase procurement’s strategic trajectory by increasing spend under management, providing best in class procurement technology and increasing the total value procurement brings to Nielsen. This role will be critical to achieving this transformation by leading a team responsible for all procurement activities outside of the US.
- Manage and strategically source a portfolio of products and services with an emphasis in a given category/sub-category. The manager will use tools, processes, and strategies to drive and achieve business results.
- Competitively source assigned category spend (i.e. Travel, Professional Services, Consulting, BPO) through engagement of strategic suppliers and application of industry knowledge.
- Manage the contract portfolio for select categories, including contracting, compliance, and value / spend analysis.
- Closely partner with various internal cross functional teams to ensure a close partnership with internal clients in delivering a consistent customer experience utilizing key sourcing, contracting and compliance processes.
- Execute end-to-end large scale sourcing initiatives directly and in partnership with internal customers.
- Responsible for identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings.
- Direct internal and external processes to ensure an integrated sourcing system that meets customer requirements, minimize total cost of ownership, maximize effectiveness including conforming to established quality standards that are responsive to the needs of the business.
- Develops business relationships with suppliers to preserve the company’s good business reputation while still obtaining competitive prices.
- Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achined, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Develop and implement agreed procurement strategies for category
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your team-oriented and customer-focused attitude, you will successfully partner with your internal customers to understand the critical success factors for the procurement categories to be managed. You will use your quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills to execute the category strategies developed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or a related field is required.
- CPM or CPSM certification is preferred
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic sourcing and vendor management ( Travel, Professional Services, Consulting, BPO preferred).
- Experience working with large scale cross functional teams
- Experience managing vendors; offshore vendor management experience preferred
- Experience in creating and executing category strategies including cost reduction initiatives, vendor consolidation, and value creation initiatives.
- Experience with the negotiation and creation of SOWs, Purchase Agreements
- Experience working with a large scale Purchase to Pay and eSourcing software tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with supplier relationship management
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,