India / India / / Bengaluru
#: 104481-en_US / 104481
About The Role
Committed to building powerful data-driven products and services, Nielsen Sports works with the world’s top leagues, teams and brands to deliver the most comprehensive and meaningful data and analysis possible. Sports and data fans welcome!
The ideal candidate for the Product Analyst role should demonstrate an excellent blend of technical analysis and communication skills. We’re looking for someone who can understand our datasets and help us answer difficult technical questions.
- Develop expertise in Nielsen Sports’ syndicated products
- Define, create, maintain, and document data models/transformations in Redshift data warehouse
- Collaborate with engineering team to define and/or develop data pipelines to data warehouse
- Work with product managers and other internal stakeholders to define analysis/reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Build, maintain, and document dashboards that highlight trends/anomalies in product data
- Create an ongoing checklist of dashboard checks and perform checks on a regular basis
- Perform deep-dive analyses into data anomalies and escalate issues to appropriate teams
- Deliver accurate, easily digestible analyses/reports to internal business leaders
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years experience as an analyst or data scientist
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Proficient in SQL and Python (pandas)
- Proficient with data visualization tools/packages such as MS Power BI/Google Data Studio/Tableau
- Proficient in Excel / Google Sheets / PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting internally and in front of clients
- Proactive self-starter who can operate independently
- Data engineering experience a plus
About the Team:
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the sector and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. We combine solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption, allowing major brands, teams and sports organizations, and over 1,700 customers globally to better understand and connect with audiences through media, sponsorship, communication and experiential platforms.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!