North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 110992-en_US / 110992
Product Manager (Remote USA) – 110992
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for a Product Owner within the Product organization to support the calculation engine (StatEngine) used in producing the National TV ratings. Our National TV ratings provide clients with information on who is watching the cable and broadcast networks TV programming and commercials.
As a Product Owner, you will need to gain an in-depth understanding of the calculations and the systems used to create our National TV ratings. This includes a variety of required inputs and outputs to our StatEngine. You will partner with two main sets of stakeholders – (1) our Technical Application Development teams and (2) our Data Science and Operations teams. You will be responsible for understanding cross-functional team needs, defining requirements, data analysis, data quality, and end to end delivery ownership.
Specific Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Lead, organize, and facilitate internal planning, solutioning, and strategy sessions to support product enhancements and new product development.
- Write clear and concise user stories that can be implemented by the appropriate technical scrum teams; includes defining user acceptance criteria that can be used to ensure the quality and accuracy of the feature being implemented.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for the National TV StatEngine with an in depth understanding of the existing data; includes performing data analysis and validation.
- Understand data process flows, data formats, and input files required. Translate into requirements to be implemented by the Technical Application Development teams as needed.
- Be the point person to define quality and assess if the tests planned meet our quality criteria.
- Hold teams accountable for creating and maintaining process and design documentation.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 5+ years in a dynamic business environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading in an agile software development environment including experience with Jira or major ticketing product.
- Past development background or product engineering experience.
- Familiarity with modern programming languages.
- Media, in particular advertising or research industry experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership, partnership, and interpersonal skills are necessary for this position.
- Experience building or updating existing Java applications; Core Java a plus.
- Exposure to AWS or Other Cloud Technologies preferred.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, TX – Dallas,