Europe / Romania / Bucharest / Bucharest /
Marketing & Communications
#: 743999722360011 / REF613H
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is looking for a proven leader to join our Product Marketing team. At Nielsen, Product Marketing is in the Marketing organization and is one of its core disciplines. The Director of Product Marketing will work closely with a number of cross-functional teams, including product development, services, sales, finance, corporate marketing, communications and enablement. In this position, you will help shape the portfolio and drive go-to-market strategies for products in our Nielsen Connect business.
This is a highly visible role within a global matrixed organization. You will have the opportunity to influence various stakeholders and bring to market Nielsen’s major product initiatives.
As a Product Marketing Director, you will help identify new opportunities, define strategy and successfully launch products by developing integrated go-to-market strategies, and compelling positioning to help support business unit marketing plans. You are expected to be an expert in using and synthesizing data, insights, research and feedback to collaborate with product leadership. Additionally, you will identify product synergies with other areas of our portfolio with fellow product marketers. This role will also own and oversee products within a business unit.
- Define the market opportunity, identify the customer segments and buyer personas with the propensity to buy and who will derive the greatest value
- Proactively conduct market and buyer research to inform strategy, messaging and plans
- Own and maintain buyer personas and understand the buying and sales process for various markets to inform sales material development
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product positioning and messaging that articulates a value proposition and product narratives
- Own entire product portfolio and product/product lines within
- Develop revenue-driving go-to-market plans aligned with sales and product strategies and with defined success metrics tied to revenue
- Influence product development with a deep understanding of customer needs and purchase cycle
- Collect and test information to help product leadership understand the specific needs of our customers
- Write, socialize, and execute product positioning and sales playbooks
- Understand competitive differentiation and arm sellers with the effective tools to position against the competition
- Develop content for internal and external use including sales collateral, case studies, FAQs, Talking Points etc.
- Develop content and training programs for internal awareness and education on product
- product launch plans with stakeholders from product, operations, sales and demand generation teams.
- On an on-going basis, analyze in-market performance data to identify areas of opportunity to increase adoption of our products
- Track and measure the effectiveness and impact of all marketing activities
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
You are someone who has a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” attitude – it is not enough to have great ideas, you are self motivated and able to get stuff done in a fast-paced environment. You are a stellar communicator who is clear and concise and can keep audiences compelled no matter the topic but also an avid listener who values feedback from other team members and departments (particularly with the Product and Sales teams). Last but certainly not least, you call yourself a “data enthusiast” who enjoys building and tracking critical metrics that achieve big picture team goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years experience in B2B Product Marketing, Product Management or Marketing (3+ years in Product Marketing desired)
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and proven management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across many teams to achieve a common goal
- Lead and mentor product marketers
- Impeccable writing skills and storytelling, with ability to simplify complex information
- Innovative self-starter, not afraid to take risks
- Organization skills, able to create & maintain project plans
- Excited by generating and adopting new ways of working
- Experience working with and launching SaaS products (preferred)
- Salesforce.com/Pardot experience (bonus)