North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 104901-en_US / 104901
If you have a vision for where measurement is headed and like to build things to solve tough problems, we want to talk to you. Our Product team sits at the center of product development and delivery to create solutions and go to market strategies. As an Associate Product Manager, we want you to help us define and develop solutions to meet our clients’ biggest measurement needs.
Nielsen is looking for Product Interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. We measure audiences, we predict outcomes and we enable content. Your role could include gaining a deeper understanding of audiences, guiding marketers on the effective spending that measures impact, to name a few.
What will you do?
- In our Agile environment, you will leverage data to drive technology solutions
- Drive Process improvement initiatives across the organization to include best practice definition, implementation, rollout and operationalization
- Define and refine metrics to measure the impact of process improvements and flag areas which require further attention
- Establish communication channels with the commercial and product organizations that allow for predictable workflow to the Solutions Team
- Assess/acquire/modify tools to support streamlined workload
- Establish training pathways to support Solutions onboarding and upskilling as we expand the team and help to grow existing team members
- Responsible for providing detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis on different marketing data feeds to identify the key dimensions and metrics
- Interact with partners and clients to facilitate issue resolution and/or relationship building as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in a business or technical degree preferred, other majors and disciplines also considered
- You have some product/project management experience
- You are a team member who is collaborative, positive, and driven
- You are confident in your roadmapping abilities, and are able to pivot to changes as needed with your team
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing initiatives
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or client escalations
- Ability to follow detailed process and technology conversations and appropriately summarize this information at a level of detail that is meaningful to internal and client stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Product Team:
Nielsen pioneered the measurement of media and consumer behavior, and we’re on a mission to transform our products and technology to help the current and next generation Media companies compete for consumer and advertiser attention. Through cutting edge technology and industry leading data science, we’re enabling Media companies to monetize their content while empowering advertisers with the intelligence they need to efficiently reach consumers and optimize their marketing investments.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
When & Where:
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are Monday, June 6, 2022 to Friday, August 12, 2022. We are currently planning for a virtual internship but that is subject to change. Otherwise, internships are available in the following locations:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!