Asia Pacific / Australia / NSW / Macquarie Park
#: 109486-en_US / 109486
Production Analyst, Sports – 109486
Analytics – Australia
About The Role
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
- Identify, analyse and interpret key performance measures and trends in multidimensional data sets across broadcast, online, print and social media.
- Evaluate, clean and harmonise data adhering to strict company methodologies and processes.
- Complete data management to strict deadlines for multiple projects.
- Maintaining the integrity of all data stored in the analysis database.
- Perform quality checks on all data, identifying potential issues and working with our offshore production team to rectify.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders regarding project requirements, interpretation of data, and the development of recommendations based on findings.
- Build and manage the website for Nielsen Stadium and potential future products for Nielsen Sports.
- Use SAML authentication to set security levels for Tableau and the Nielsen Stadium website.
- End to end ownership of Tableau and website user directory to ensure appropriate data and analytics are available for Nielsen clients.
- Optimise Tableau dashboards for client insights and reporting.
- Utilising Arianna and Landsberry & James ratings data to assist in providing insights and accurate data for report generation.
- Understand client briefs and requirements to understand the insights clients are looking for with their reporting needs and trends. Ensure that briefs are addressed and implemented and followed through with the in-house production tools.
- Use Nielsen Rosco tool to set up projects where necessary.
- Ensure data is appropriately measured and reported for the client, using tools within Nielsen MAT for data verification as well as Sports Connect and Adapt.
- Manage recordings through SDR tool to ensure projects are tracked correctly.
- Monitoring recordings through Nielsen Watch tool.
- Assist with running and management of all production-related tasks, from internet videos, internet pictorial/editorial, news peripheral, dedicated live tv and print.
- Answer analysis queries to the production team.
- Use Meltwater to manage search terms for online media evaluation.
- Set up social projects with the NSSV team.Using acquired skills, assist with automation of processes and projects to reduce resource time. This includes the identification, evaluation and management of RPA improvement projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in statistics, data analysis, information systems or sports management.
- At least 2 years experience in a role working extensively with the Australian and international sports industry, data analysis, data visualisation, data management, social media and RPA.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, across functions and operate within a global business environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present data and complex ideas in an easy to understand manner.
- Robust knowledge of business and data analysis software including Tableau, Data Studio, Meltwater and UI Path.
- Robust knowledge of RPA and the ability to identify and implement automation opportunities in current processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of audience ratings, CPMs, and other media exposure data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of research surveys, CSV & SPSS data files and analysis.
- Comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of local and international sporting codes including current and ongoing changes to teams, athletes, coaches, CEOs and front office.
- High-level knowledge of and engagement with all social media platforms including a comprehensive understanding of the publicly available APIs, account type permissions and how sporting codes are using social media to drive engagement.
- High-level knowledge of dashboard concepts and designs to convert complex datasets into visual stories and outcomes.
- Identifying and implementing best practices from other Nielsen markets
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel including usage of Vlookups, macros, logical functions, charting, pivot tables, formula writing.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skill sets across software applications enabling an enhancement of dashboard creatives and analysis techniques.
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge of Nielsen products and tools such as Nielsen Stadium, Fanlinks, Nielsen Watch and Landsberry & James rating data.
About The Team
Committed to building powerful data-driven products and services, Nielsen Sports works with the world’s top leagues, teams and brands to deliver the most comprehensive and meaningful data and analysis possible. Sports and data fans welcome!
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park