North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 88301-en_US / 88301
Project Manager- Real Estate – 88301
Corporate Real Estate & Facilities
We are looking for a Project Manager to join Nielsen’s Corporate Real Estate & Facilities department. In this role you will lead all aspects of project management including planning, procurement, design, permitting and construction of a variety of real estate projects within Nielsen’s global portfolio. We are looking for someone who has experience coordinating internal and third-party project teams on projects ranging from small office renovations to programs consisting of multiple projects. This position will report to the Real Estate and Facilities VP.
Responsibilities of the Real Estate Project Manager:
- Development and adherence to program and project management processes.
- Develops project plans and coordinates cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to site selection, portfolio optimization, M&A and RE strategy
- Contribute to cost savings and avoidance targets
- Identify and benchmark key metrics to ensure high performance
- Provide inputs for annual budget preparation and forward-looking planning
- Drives planning, design, estimating and internal project approvals. This will entail frequent collaboration with local and corporate leadership and internal partners such as IT, Security, Finance and Human Resources.
- Creates and manages detailed project budgets. This includes supervising budget reallocations, change orders, commitments, expenditures, forecasts and analysis on a regular basis.
- Leads regularly scheduled project meetings and documents assigned tasks.
- Adheres to company space and design standards as well as embraces alternatives to improve efficiencies; update and maintain RE standards and guidelines.
- Works with internal partners to build purchase orders for all approved project related expenses and to ensure budget reconciliation.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure. You focus, dig in, organize, collaborate, communicate and get it done. You are a problem solver with the ability to pick up new skills quickly and run.
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business Operations Management, Facilities, or similar required
- 5+ years prior project management experience required in the corporate real estate or related field.
- Experience managing project teams including both internal and external resources and solid track record of collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills required, plus the ability to multi-task and bring individual issues to timely closure.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, team building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills showing both agility and sensitivity to change management.
- A passion for cross-cultural collaboration and teamwork is a must.
- Ability to work efficiently in the face of ambiguity and conflicting information.
- Experience effectively managing resources remotely while displaying good leadership with team members.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and work with strict deadlines.
- High degree of integrity with comfort working with little supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Office, Project and PowerPoint. CAD & IWMS/CAFM is preferred but not required.
- Flexibility with varied work hours (due to global nature of role).
- Ability to travel 5%, including internationally.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar, FL
Secondary Locations: Remote
Travel: Yes, up to 5% of time