Asia Pacific / Korea / / Seoul
#: 76161-en_US / 76161
Project Manager, Content Business Engagement – 76161
Gracenote – South Korea Seoul, Seoul
Gracenote customers receive products that are the result of the combined efforts of the Content, Technology and Product organizations. The Project Manager – Content Business Engagement (CBE) will drive the successful execution of the Content-related requirements for assigned customer onboarding, product launches or enhancements for Video, Music or Sports deliveries.
Work closely with peers in CBE, Sales, Customer Experience, Product and other groups outside of Content to define and document new requests of the Content org, communicate those requirements to the Content Operational leads, and ensure that Content fully meets those needs on time and on budget.
- Overseeing the management of projects from design and development to production and stabilization, revising as appropriate to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Providing detailed plans and guidance across Content Operations workstream teams, organizing and managing to successful achievement of milestones and deliverables, and providing clear status to stakeholders
- Maintain and publish activity and status related to active Content Projects
- Provide post-implementation scorecard reports for each tracked project
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential, motivating team to work together
- Effectively facilitates stakeholder and team meetings
- Facilitates meetings, outside of normal working hours as needed, with co-located team members in different timezones
- Secondary responsibilities are to fulfill a business analyst role as needed in key efforts. Provide supplemental support in advance of projects, including using standard CBE processes to manage inbound requirements and work with Content operations leads to translate into:
- Cost and/or resource estimates
- Actionable work plans
- Represent Content in Pre-Sales, Implementation and Post-Sales customer meetings as needed
- Expected to attend company and client events, as required
Skills and knowledge required:
- Successful experience in onboarding customers with products and services, particularly across operations teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings where you will articulate complex concepts and assignments
- Strong communication, negotiation, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional, environment with a highly collaborative, team oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using common project management tools: e.g. spreadsheets, SmartSheets, PowerPoint, and shared on-line documents such as Google docs
- The ability to create forward-looking, value-prioritized project plans with flexible and creative use of tools
- Experience with project management methodologies, such as agile (Scrum & Kanban), iterative plan-based, or others
- Proven ability to engage with customers, vendors, or internal stakeholders to fully understand and document true requirements.
- High energy, enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Knowledge of the entertainment, data and/or technology sector and digital industries
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current on all Gracenote products and services
- Travel as required
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related field experience is required
- 3-5 years of program and project management experience for operations
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Seoul,Seoul