North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 82521-en_US / 82521
Research Analyst – 82521
Analytics – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest sports rights holders, brands, agencies, and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across a multitude of devices and screens.
Nielsen Sports is a trusted adviser and partner in sports, esports, and entertainment intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to develop, optimize and measure their investments. With our expansive suite of products and services, Nielsen Sports & Esports is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
This Research Analyst for Nielsen Sports will provide support for proposal creation and the delivery of ongoing insights to League and Team clients, as well as our Brand clients who sponsor sports and entertainment properties. Our involvement with clients spans their entire business, from fan development, media rights support, sponsorship sales and service support and measuring the impact of their marketing activations, among other areas.
- Support all stages of project management, including the key data analytic work that facilitates execution, delivery, and presentation of client projects
- Design, coordinate and deliver custom research programs; primarily quantitative, with some qualitative
- Utilize different datasets across the wider Nielsen business in order to provide strategic and actionable insights and recommendations to clients
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include building analyses in Excel, QCing data, crafting visual and insights-driven reports, and management of various projects and clients
- Support the Consulting & Market Research group in building the leading global management consulting practice in Sport & Entertainment
- Support the development of key documents including client proposals and other strategic documents, ensuring the highest quality output
- Become an expert in all things Nielsen Sports in order to collaborate with other members of the organization in developing their strategic agendas and executing their priorities/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related fields
- 2-4 years research experience
- Experience providing strategic thinking to clients, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate into practical plans of action is a plus
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and passion for the sports and entertainment industries
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills with ability to adapt to different stakeholders
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate effectively and persuasively, including ability to present in sales environment
- Successful track record of juggling multiple activities, prioritization, and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,