North America / United States / NY / Offsite
#: 104241-en_US / 104241
Research Analyst – 104241
Analytics – USA Offsite, Offsite
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Research Analyst position is within the Customer Success team, which pulls data from Nielsen Media tools and other data assets to complete projects presented to us by clients regarding questions about their national media data. This individual will collaborate with other associates on the team as well as associates across Nielsen to create, analyze and deliver reports designed to provide our clients with superior insights into TV viewing. The analyst will also be responsible for presenting those insights to clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with cross functional media teams to develop custom client solutions by pulling reports out of various Nielsen’s syndicated reporting applications, compiling them as excel outputs or PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in Nielsen national, local and cross platform data.
- Analyze datasets and extract key highlights through client deliverables (Excel files, PowerPoint, BI tools,etc) and present those findings, both internally and externally to clients.
- Manage time across various projects to ensure timely delivery while maintaining data integrity and reliability on assigned projects.
- Participate in ongoing automation initiatives as directed, to improve efficiencies in current workflow
- Work closely with the team in the development on QA tools and BI tools to identify anomalies in the data in a proactive and inquisitive manner
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 Years experience in Data Analysis preferred. Familiarity with formatting data and/or advanced experience with Google or Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Elementary coding skills desired. Experience with Python, VBA or SQL or linking datasets is preferred.
- Broad media industry knowledge. Experience with NPower, NNTV, Nielsen methodologies and computations (Reach, Ratings, Share, etc.)
- Proficiency with handling large datasets and ability to manipulate it using Python or SQL is a plus.
- A self-starter, who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to turn numbers into stories our clients can understand and respond to; ability to interpret data into actionable insights.
- Advanced Excel skills (formulas, charts, pivots, slicers, etc.)
- bility to visualize data through a dashboarding tool is a plus.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,