North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 88361-en_US / 88361
Research Manager – 88361
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Audience Insights Team
Global Media, Product
The Research Manager of Local TV Client Analytics is responsible for collaborating with his/her team of analysts, to provide local client service executives, answers to client questions and data needs to drive business decisions. You will be responsible for managing the queue of incoming inquiries, distributing the work load among the team, overseeing important and high profile projects, determining feasibility, brainstorming solutions and providing a comprehensive answer fairly quickly. This position is also responsible for managing a virtual team, training newer analysts on pulling reports out of various Nielsen syndicated softwares, compiling and synthesizing them, either as excel outputs, PowerPoint presentations, or in Google applications. The team extracts key highlights or takeaways to answer specific client questions. Responsibilities also include working together with other analysts on team projects to help out with data needs around larger thought leadership whitepapers that the broader Audience Insights team generates, and working closely with the client service teams to provide a professional, clear response to client inquiries.
Is this for me?
- Strong media research fundamentals and experience in Nielsen reports, softwares (Npower, NNTV, NLTV, Arianna, Ad Intel), methodologies, and computations needed
- Project Management: This fast-paced position will require you to manage your time across multiple client inquiries, overseeing team’s workload, training, and ensuring your analysts complete projects in a timely fashion and at the same time set realistic expectations for delivery
- People Management: Ability to manage a team of analysts, train and develop talent/subject matter experts within the group, and work with senior management within Audience Insights group
- Strong Written and Verbal Skills: The candidate will be responsible for compiling analysis from data generated by the team and at times discussing/presenting to the client service team or clients directly
- Strong math and logic skills: Ability to turn numbers into stories our clients can understand and respond to; ability to interpret data into actionable insights, provide ideas on feasibility and come up with alternative solutions
- Strong Computer skills: Comfort with MS Office and Google tools to display the output from our Nielsen softwares. Proficiency in excel formulas, pivot tables, linking datasets preferred. Coding a plus.
- Fine attention to detail: quality and accuracy in your work is essential
- 5+ years of industry experience desired.
- Statistical knowledge is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, GA – Atlanta – Alpharetta, ,