North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 106551-en_US / 106551
Sales Director – 106551
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the leading provider and gold standard of entertainment information. Our metadata touches upon almost every facet of the entertainment ecosystem and thus reaches nearly everyone in the United States. We power leading streaming, cable and other services through our databases of TV, movie, and music metadata that ultimately are the source of entertainment guides, media and streaming applications and in-car entertainment. Our technology touches hundreds of millions of consumers globally on a daily basis and serves billions of requests daily. Our clients include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Sales Director who thrives in a dynamic environment, is a team player, is flexible, adaptable, and invigorated daily by the idea of being part of products that are at the forefront of everyday lives. As Sales Director, you will craft creative solutions to complex problems and will articulate the value behind those solutions to drive new and existing business, all while maintaining a long-term relationship focus. We embrace a consultative sales approach and a team atmosphere – you will have a level of autonomy with a terrific support team readily available.
In this role you will
- Manage/lead presentations, negotiations, sophisticated licensing deals and ensuing contracts, that drive organic growth.
- License entertainment data to an established book of clients as well as identify and close new business opportunities with a broad range of market types.
- Be responsible for a dynamic book of clients that may include CE companies, OEM’s, ad agencies, advertisers, voice recognition, music, research groups and adtech/martech companies.
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally with a variety of stakeholders from C-Level through Product and Engineering.
- Drive business, both new and existing, by working within the organization in a business capacity: assess potential applications of company products and services against customer needs and wants; provide in-depth product and ROI overviews to clients; recommend solutions that meet customer needs.
- Achieve an individual sales goal and contribute towards a team goal.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients on mission-critical product, data and engineering questions.
- Collaborate with technical account managers to proactively develop and propose technical solutions that solve customer problems.
- Partner with product and sales leaders to plan, prepare and execute on strategic initiatives across the entertainment value chain.
- Negotiate and drive the contract cycle across renewals and new business.
- Help the sales team achieve quarterly and annual targets.
- Travel up to 50% (when travel permits) to customer sites and trade shows across the United States.
For this role we are looking for Individuals who have
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, MBA a plus.
- At least 8 years sales or business experience working in the digital media space, licensing products and/or big data.
- Prior contract negotiation & licensing experience.
- Ability to forge and independently manage key relationships without a great deal of supervision.
- Ability to understand key client use cases and articulate product value propositions.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills and goal-driven approach when addressing contracts & licensing.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in team leadership, and ability to provide guidance, as needed to other team members and to customers.
- Strong experience in requirements definition, analysis, and conducting customer interviews, with an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards. The ability to listen.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies especially around the digital content domain and CTV.
- Proficiency working with standard and leading edge development and data analysis tools.
- The ability to travel domestically.
- Demonstrated business acumen and innovation.
- Proficiency with Salesforce tools is a plus.
Our passion for TV, video and music is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Munich, we are building a team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe and make a difference across the entertainment ecosystem. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the stability of a global leader. Not to mention, the biggest data, and coolest technology. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of entertainment technology then please contact us today!
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time