North America / Canada / ON / Toronto
Client Service & Sales
#: 77201-en_US / 77201
Sales Director, Business Development – 77201
Client Services and Sales – Canada Toronto, Ontario
Sales Director, Business Development, Audience Activation Team – Markham
Nielsen is looking for a Sales Director, Business Development to join our Audience Activation team. This talented team focuses on empowering brands and their agencies to connect more directly with customers by combining Nielsen’s world-class data, analytics, measurement, marketing activation and data management platform capabilities. The data synergies facilitate a deeper understanding of consumers, more effective one-to-one messaging, and superior ROI analysis and campaign optimization.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by a group of enthusiastic and empowered by risk-takers who seek to build connections between consumers and brands through data. You will be joining a terrific organization that brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets. Together we are not only helping brands make better and faster marketing and media decisions, we are permanently disrupting the landscape of audience activation.
As a Sales Director, Business Development within the Audience Activation team you will be responsible for selling our suite of data, technology and analytics solutions directly to Marketers and Agencies. We are looking for dynamic seller who is client focused with a background in Sales, data driven SaaS solutions and an in-depth knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem. Bottom line – we are looking for a top seller who can individually prospect, pitch and close. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated track record of working successfully with agencies, brands and advertisers in the finance, auto, telco, retail and CPG industries.
- We are looking for a dynamic seller who is client focused with a strong background in data driven SaaS solutions and an in-depth knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- We are looking for a self starter who is entrepreneurial and an autonomous seller. A successful candidate would be eager to ignite and manage our growth ambitions.
- Ideally having experience selling DMP, CDP, Ad Intel, Measurement or other SaaS based products.
- Individually prospect, pitch and close sales (60%) AS WELL AS utilize existing Nielsen clients (40%)
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of Nielsen Digital solutions.
- Ideally have existing executive contacts in marketing roles at Finance, Auto, Telco, Retail and CPG companies. In addition to key agency contacts at medium and large agencies.
- Lead discovery sessions to identify the customer’s key needs and pain points. Work with the prospect in a consultative fashion to develop a digital strategy vision and position the Nielsen Media offering as an instrumental part of that vision.
- Conduct storytelling product demonstrations that highlight the value the solution brings to the client.
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly, quarterly and annual quota objectives.
- Consistently deliver individual sales targets every quarter.
- Support the expansion of data management and analytics suite across all industry sectors.
- Develop solid, strategic relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and demonstrate how the Nielsen product portfolio can assist them to achieve their business objectives.
- Manage a Business Developments team.
- Present at Industry events and be a Thought Leader within the Industry.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional services, system integrator, or client services capacity for internet, ad operations, or software company.
- Track record of grasping complex client delivery and executing on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for clients through problem solving and the application of technology.
- Able to operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Ad Operations, Sales, Technology, Finance and Corporate Strategy.
- Proficient in digital marketing, internet / software industries, understanding of web technologies.
- Rockstar MS Office skills – Excel analysis, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Toronto,Ontario
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time