North America / United States / CA / Los Angeles
#: 89648-en_US / 89648
Sales Director – 89648
Gracenote – USA Los Angeles, California
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the leading provider of entertainment information, powering leading streaming, cable and other services throughout its databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, media and streaming applications and in car entertainment. Our technology touches hundreds of millions of consumers globally on a daily basis and serves billions of requests daily. Our clients include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Sales Director to drive new business, engage with key Tier-1 clients and launch strategic initiatives. This role involves managing sophisticated licensing & contracts across major clients and driving organic growth through new product sales and renewals. These activities require a consultative sales approach, working externally and internally in a cross-functional manner with a variety of stakeholders. The sales director will work within a team environment and be responsible for certain Tier 1 Cable/Telco Operators as well as potentially Content Provider, Broadcaster & Studio accounts. The sales director will work with external customer product, business and data teams to successfully close new deals. This is a client facing role with travel (up to 50%) to customer sites (many are local in the greater Denver area), with Los Angeles being the other possible location. We are looking for someone who can craft creative solutions to complex problems and has a desire and passion to socialize, instill and articulate the value behind those solutions to drive new business.
● Drive new business by working within the organization in a business capacity: assess potential applications of company products and services against customer needs and wants; provide in-depth product and ROI overviews to clients; recommend solutions that meet customer needs.
● Achieve an individual sales goal.
● Develop new client contacts and manage existing ones, acting as a trusted advisor to clients on mission-critical product, data and engineering questions
● Collaborate with technical account managers to proactively develop and propose technical solutions that solve customer problems.
● Partner with product and sales leaders to plan, prepare and execute on strategic initiatives across the entertainment value chain
● Negotiate and drive the contract cycle across renewals and new business.
● Help the sales team achieve quarterly and annual targets.
● Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, MBA a plus
● At least 8 years sales or business experience working in the digital media space.
● Prior contract negotiation & licensing experience
● Ability to forge and independently manage key relationships without a great deal of supervision
● Ability to understand key client use cases and articulate product value propositions
● Proven problem-solving and analytical skills and goal-driven approach when addressing contracts & licensing.
● Excellent communication skills, experience in team leadership, and ability to provide guidance, as needed to other team members and to customers.
● Strong experience in requirements definition, analysis, and conducting customer interviews, with an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
● A keen interest in emerging technologies especially around the digital content domain.
● Proficiency working with standard and leading edge development and data analysis tools.
● The ability to travel domestically
● Demonstrated business acumen and innovation.
● Proficiency with Salesforce tools a plus.
Our passion for TV, video and music is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Munich, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the stability of a global leader. Not to mention, the biggest data, and coolest technology. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: CA – San Francisco, CA – Emeryville, ,
Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time