Latin America / Mexico / / Mexico City
#: 101804-en_US / 101804
Business Operations Manager – 101804
Brandbank – Mexico Mexico City, Federal District
About the position
The Marketing Effectiveness (MEFF) team plays a pivotal role in helping clients ensure every money they spend works for them and returns. We do this by providing a mix of data-led models,
software solutions, and consultancy to ensure the client gets the results they need. We answer their key business questions to improve marketing performance, questions like What ROI does
my marketing generate? How can I improve the return on my marketing? How should I optimize my marketing investment?
At Nielsen, we leverage the power of multiple modeling methodologies without compromising the accuracy or actionability of the insights produced, so clients have access to the right
insights, at exactly the right time to support any marketing decision. From strategic investments across all channels to daily tactical optimizations while campaigns are still in-flight, our holistic
Marketing Effectiveness solutions deliver the unmatched speed, data access, and comprehensive measurement your team needs to keep pace with consumers, minimize waste
and drive revenue and business growth.
The Business Operations Manager will focus on supporting the Americas Sales and Customer Success teams with revenue forecasting and booking, contract administration, sales material creation.
This is a key role to help maximize the time that senior salespeople can spend selling, delivering, consulting, and generating revenue.
- Working individually with and building strong relationships with each of the CS Market Leads and Sales Leads on the Americas team.
- Building strong relationships with the Finance Business Partners and Revenue controllers across the Americas
- Understanding revenue recognition requirements and helping ensure that deals and paperwork are structured in a way that will allow revenue to be recognized without problems
- Taking responsibility for updating revenue phasing for some key opportunities
- Taking ownership of ensuring that paperwork is in place for revenue to be booked within a quarter for key deals
- Working with the team on sales decks and proposals.
- Partnering with the team on negotiating legal paperwork for key deals
A little bit about you
As Business Operations Manager for the Marketing Effectiveness team, you will be a key player driving success across the Americas. Your role will be to take on as much of the revenue booking,
management, and forecasting process as possible in order to free up the commercial team to focus on prospecting, expanding, and closing deals. You will work in a unique space between the commercial and Finance teams across the Americas helping to reduce friction in this relationship and speed up and streamline the revenue recognition process. You’ll need to help the team to structure deals in a way that ensures streamlined revenue recognition. At the same time, you’ll need to work with finance to maximize collaboration In addition you will play an important role in helping the team prepare responses to important RFPs and helping to improve the sales material we use. This is an important role that will help the business grow and become more sales focused
- 3+ years experience working with Sales and Finance teams at a large established company
- Previous experience working with sales and finance teams
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts
- An ability to grasp key elements of the revenue recognition process in Nielsen
- Experience of media research desired
- Fluent English is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Powerpoint & Excel skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- An ability to build relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mexico City,Federal District