Greater China / China / / Shanghai
#: 84981-en_US / 84981
Data is ubiquitous in our daily life. When you see an advertisement on TV/ online, or you are promoted by price discount, do you ever wonder how these executions influence your purchase decision? Or how the advertisers make decisions to place these ads? Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness data analytics (DA) team analyses data from multiple resources to generate holistic views and help clients to understand their business with valuable insights.
- Request data from external and internal stakeholders, confirm data definitions, and resolve questions about data with clients and their media agencies.
- Clearly track data status and organize all collected data
- Validate received data for quality and completeness
- Process raw data into client descriptive review summary/visualization and model input format
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of project work.
- Communicates ideas, findings and perspectives in clear and concise manner
- Step up to support peers or team to meet the expectation and timeline
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering. Master degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong data processing skills are must.
- A statistical coding skill in R or Python is required.
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills and fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Solid problem resolution skills
- Passion for results with a challenger mind-set
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure
About the Team
Global Product, Technology & Operations supports Nielsen Media’s growth strategy by enabling positive client and market solutions. Our Operations Team is in a unique position as the center of data collection, analysis and delivery. We deliver outcomes with the highest quality and integrity standards in an agile and transparent way while standing by our Nielsen values.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!